Discuss Bathroom speaker set up? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robert brewin

Hi all, I want a speakers set up in my bathroom what speakers would anyone recommend? Also are there any set ups that I could doc my iPod in and have a waterproof remote? I have found some radios for boats but I think they all look abit ugly and cumbersome. Or would it be worth while putting a bog STD stereo with a iPod doc in the airing cupboard and just link in the speakers? Atvb rob

Hi all, I want a speakers set up in my bathroom what speakers would anyone recommend? Also are there any set ups that I could doc my iPod in and have a waterproof remote? I have found some radios for boats but I think they all look abit ugly and cumbersome. Or would it be worth while putting a bog STD stereo with a iPod doc in the airing cupboard and just link in the speakers? Atvb rob

Bloody hell how long you going to be in there all I use the bathroom for is the three S's - S***, Shower and Shave max 10minutes

CPC. co. uk sell water resistant ceiling mount speakers. Part no. LS001133 for example. For safety keep the amplifier and all wiring outside the bathroom. Keene Electronics have an in-wall amplifier that fits into a 47mm deep 2 gang k/o box.

i have no vested interest in either company. Google* is at your disposal.

* other search engines are available, but nobody uses them.

have a look at Richer sounds website/shop they have all the hifi stuff you can shake a stick at, and I think they will be able to supply a waterproof remote as they sell stuff for garden sound systems and ones for kitchens as well....

If you have children, particularly daughters, and only the one combined bathroom and toilet (like us because we're common) and you go ahead with this project you can say goodbye to regular access to that room. You will be encouraging them to stay in there for even longer than they do now.
You don't need this in there, you need blast chillers to get the buggers out

I've fitted the Multi-panel Sound Panel. Great piece of kit & not too pricey. Comes with 2 Gel Audio Speaker units, 20w (RMS) per ch amp with built in FM radio, power supply, input jack, 10m speaker cable, 0.5m jack to jack cable & remote control. It's MP3 & iPod compatible (no dock though)
It attaches to the back of multi-panel, reverberating sound waves through the panel core turning it into a speaker.

In the past (For my own home) I've just fitted a Pioneer car stereo with remote, 2 x 220w 3 way Pioneer speakers, a 10" JBL sub, a 440w amp & 12v power supply. Worked a treat & sounded great!

Fitted one today KB sound I think.wireless iPod dock and fm radio.they also do a dab version.
sounds not too bad,it's no bowers and wilkins but its ok for a bathroom .if your doing lights in the bathroom it's a piece of cake to run the wires .the module sits above the ceiling and requires a feed and neutral

it's a remote control duck. you put it in the bath with your teenage daughter/s and it'd programmed to put out a 2000V pulse after 10 minutes of getting wet.

it's a remote control duck. you put it in the bath with your teenage daughter/s and it'd programmed to put out a 2000V pulse after 10 minutes of getting wet.
better yet equip a solenoid valve to the hot water line of the shower
if the take too long press the button and they just get cold water:smilielol5:

or turn the cold tap on downstairs. that'll usually send the shower into low pressure fail and run cold. even cheaper solution. then you just have the problem of hair drying and war paint application . that's usually good for an hour or so. the only cure then is a hosepipe through the bathroom window.

Reply to Bathroom speaker set up? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net