Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Bathroom tv in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sttevo

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Orite lads. New to the forum. So go easy. Currently rewiring my house. And mulling over the idea of a tile LCD tv. It runs of 12v requires a mains socket and isolator. Was thinking of putting tv on stud wall. Could the socket b hiden in stud wall and use the fan isolator for tv as well or would it need separate isolator. If separate where could I possition it as not to **** next to tv I.e pull switch next to LCD .

S

suburban

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the cabling is long enough from the transformer could it go behind a bath panel from an outlet plate with means of isolation in an adjacent room.

S

Sttevo

It's a freestanding bath. But yes the transformer will b in stud and isolator and socket could b in adjacent bedroom. Would that b ok???

S

suburban

If the socket in the bedroom is accessible and switched then you wouldn't need an isolator. If possible I'd position the transformer in the stud wall behind the socket for future access. Hope this helps.

S

Sttevo

But surely cos the tvs in the bathroom it will need an isolator.

S

Spudnik

The socket that its plugged into in the other room will isolate it.

R

raylewis

Your right jason6930, fitted one a few months ago in en suite - socket feeding tv transformer was other side of wall in bedroom. Isolator not required.

S

Sttevo

Thanks. Lads. Uv been most helpfull

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Bathroom tv in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom