• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Battery powered Rotating Beacon in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Was it @davesparks who worked on the Dr Who time machine room thingy-me-bob? (sorrrrry to Dr Who fans, I should know the name of that, I don't watch it though!)

That has a million flashing lights and things. He might even have some left over?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey @Dan

I think I will be able to share a private link to the video as festival not always requires a "single-use" screening. Not commissioned (I wish!), just a hobby

Hope I can get it done though!

I had a look a look around. The housing for 8x AA batteries only have two cables, red and black. I'm thinking to cut the beacon's car plug and see the wiring inside or buy a converter from car-female to red+black (actually used to jump start the cars)

Not sure about voltage/watts though. I'll try to get the beacon's manual

@Zerax never too safe, thanks for the warnings. I go as far as fitting a PSU in a PC so any help is appreciated

Last edited:

DPG

-
TA
Arms Access
Connect the red wire from the battery pack to the wire that goes to the centre pin of the car dc plug. And the black wire to the other one.

Last edited:

davesparks

-
Arms Access
Was it @davesparks who worked on the Dr Who time machine room thingy-me-bob? (sorrrrry to Dr Who fans, I should know the name of that, I don't watch it though!)

That has a million flashing lights and things. He might even have some left over?
I'm not guilty of that one, all my entertainment industrt work has been in theatre and live events rather than any film or TV work.

And its a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space)

Trending Threads

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom