Discuss Battery Storage & Metered Export in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

CBR600

-
Reaction score
Evening all

Ted kindly posted this link on another thread;

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/fil..._licensed_electricity_suppliers_fit_16_v8.pdf

In it, there is reference to battery storage and export metering as follows;

4.31. If the configuration of the installation is such that the non-eligible electricity may be used
to calculate FIT payments, FIT licensees should conclude that any meter readings supplied would
not reflect accurately the electricity generated by the installation. An acceptable alternative is for
the generation meter to be wired after the inverter but before the battery, and to either opt out
of export or have it deemed.

4.32. If the generation meter is wired after the battery, and/or the FIT Generator is claiming

export calculated by reference to an export meter that is wired after the battery, it will not be
possible to determine that all FIT Export meter reads are in relation to electricity generated by
the FIT Installation. Because of this, FIT export payments cannot be made.

I am reading this to mean that if a system with a battery is fitted and a Smart meter is used to meter for Export (as in most cases for metered export) then no export can be claimed. Seems a bit over the top for batteries wired on the DC side only. It also means systems over 30KWp can't get export if they fit a battery system.

Any views?

My understanding is that batteries wired on the DC side e.g. between panels and inverter would not be a problem and meet the core principle in 4.29 that all export is from the FIT installation. The diagrams in the Ofgem document have the batteries on the AC side of the inverter and so potentially could be topped up from the grid.

This is just from a householder with interest in adding battery storage to solar PV but not going anywhere near it at current pricing. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

4.32 is utterly nuts, why would anyone attempt to defraud the FIT scheme by paying more to import the electricity than they'd get paid to export it?

I'm pretty much certain that there is no import tariff available that's set lower than the export rate, so this is complete nonsense.

I have to say it seems a bit ridiculous which is why I posted the question.

wtc - I take you point, however 4.32 refers specifically to metered export not generation. If you are correct and logic dictates that you are, then this needs to be clarified.

Reply to Battery Storage & Metered Export in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock