Discuss Battery Type in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DaveC1337

What kind of battery is this ? , and are they easily available on the net ?

Battery Type {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

High ress Image:

http://carmichaelcomputers.co.uk/other/bat.JPG

Edit : Is there anything similar that would do the job ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks suspiciously like 3 rechargeable cells shrink wrapped together, possible 3 x 1.5v cells.

However, it is not worth trying to replace them, the cost would be close to a new wireless mouse such as this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Wireless-Laser-Mouse-5000/dp/B000F5FRGC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246366828&sr=8-2
You could push the boat out and buy this bad boy http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Revolution-Wireless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000JMJYBU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246366828&sr=8-7

Unless you have to have a fancy wii controller like mouse, in which case ignore those suggestions

Hope that helps

edit:
gyration the manufacturers do not support such an old modal anymore, calling there technical department came up with 'google cordless telephone battery spares and see if you can find one to fit'

Last edited:
3 x 1.5v so in theory you could just get another type of 1.5v battery ?
and just adapt it ?

EDIT: ... I got it working on 2x AA batteries .. thanks for you're help man .. I'll prob just pull apart an old remote or something :D

3 x 1.5v so in theory you could just get another type of 1.5v battery ?
and just adapt it ?

The make of older rechargeable batteries may cause the recharging unit to be incompatable with the newer batteries - the older nickel lithium batteries are frowned on now - nickel metal hydride or nickel cadmium is more the norm at the moment.

Thats, I'm not planning on ever using the charger no more, I'll just run it off 2 AAs from now ons. I think I'll make some sort of brace (like from a TV remote).

Thanks loads for your help :D

Try CPC/Farnell on the net should be a rateing on other side of pack.But I agree with other posters prob just as cheap to by new mouse.

it was bought cheap from ebay lol .. now you know why the battery is done lol its a gyration mouse tho ... so not so cheap to buy a new one. I got it working on them AAs tho .. It should be all fines, Thanks loads for all your advice and stuffs :D

HAHA .. very well put together bomb, its gawna be part of game gun project, I'll post pics later, with my messy soldering LOL.:D

The game gun I am making is an extension of the pc game gun made by blackhall, the basic full version of that gun has 360 decrease head tracking, with an attached screen, so when you turn around with the gun you turn around in the game. Its a very messy design, i've only throwen together a toy gun, game controller, gyrations mouse and a 7" screen. I'm waiting for the VGA to RCA cable coming to continue dev.

How many games will it be usable for? I can only think of one PC game that uses a gun as standard - one of the house of the dead games

This is the basic design, and how far I have got, its fairly messy. I'm just trying to get it to work on a basic scale.

I cut up a PC Power supply to make some nice 5 core wire ( for the analog ) and 4 core wire for the trigger keys. I'm trying to make this the cheapest build possable, it has currently cost me:

around £3 in electricity
£0.30 for the can of pepsi (multipack can)
£3.50 for toy gun
I already had the screen (the screens that sit on the headrest for the kids) it was around £120 however I'm making it removable, so not solely for the game gun.
£28 for gyration mouse
£8 for game pad
and around £2.80 for the RCA to VGA cable

Still alot to do tho.

Reply to Battery Type in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock