Discuss Batton light installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dbaxter79

DIY
Reaction score
I am replacing an old light in my garage with a new LED one the problem I'm having is the light is flipping the fuse when I turn it on, there are 2 sets of cables to the light but one to the wall switch I think originally there were 2 lights in the garage but now just 1. If I connect both set of cables it blows the fuse if I split them 1 will work but the light doesn't turn off and the 2nd does nothing

I am replacing an old light in my garage with a new LED one the problem I'm having is the light is flipping the fuse when I turn it on, there are 2 sets of cables to the light but one to the wall switch I think originally there were 2 lights in the garage but now just 1. If I connect both set of cables it blows the fuse if I split them 1 will work but the light doesn't turn off and the 2nd does nothing

In future you should make careful note of how a light is connected before disconnecting it.

The most likely answer to this is that of those two cables one is the incoming feed and the other is the cable running to the switch.

Reply to Batton light installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
can anyone please advise on where the wires go? My electrician installed a new cable ready for when I bought a security light. The cable as shown...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock