Discuss Baynet fitting with two neutrals in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good Evening,

I'm having a bit of grief wiring up a new light. The light that come down had an old style bayonet fitting, which had one live connector and two other connectors (new lights only have two connectors.

Can anyone help? All the lives (red went to one connector, two blacks went to another, and one blavk went to one more.

I have attached a pic of the fitting.

Attachments

• 16523846104086892724479037788976.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 16523846257732038201387629584061.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 17
Can you show a clear pic of the wires.

All the reds are permanently live and were in a 'parking' terminal on the old fitting, used just to join them together.
The two blacks that were in one terminal are neutrals, and connect to to neutral of your new light
The black that was on its own in a terminal is the switched live to the light, and should be identified as such by a short piece of brown (or red) sleeving slipped onto it

All the reds are permanently live and were in a 'parking' terminal on the old fitting, used just to join them together.
The two blacks that were in one terminal are neutrals, and connect to to neutral of your new light
The black that was on its own in a terminal is the switched live to the light, and should be identified as such by a short piece of brown (or red) sleeving slipped onto it
Great, I think my answer has been solved

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Baynet fitting with two neutrals in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net