Discuss becoming a domestic electrician !!confused!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johnoconnor

hi I am looking if someone can guide me in the right direction i currently i qualified electrical engineer and work a 4 on 4 off pattern but i am wanting to see how to become a domestic electrician below are the current qualifications i already hold and i am going to do the 17th edition first amendment soon so any advice on what else I will need to acquire will be a great help cheers
current qualification:
BTEC national certificate level 3 (electrical/electronic engineering)
National Vocational Qualification level 3 (engineering maintenance (electrical))
semta modern aprenticeship in engineering

All the info you need is on the CPS operator's various websites mate. Best advice though, stay where you are it's tough out there in DI land.

You are confused!!! you hold a higher job and want to step a lot of rungs down the ladder and enter an industry been throttled with too many domestic sparkies which are seeing prices and wages driven down .... entertain me and explain why you would wan to do such a backwards measure?

Hmm... Driving lessons @ £11/hour. Take off the cost of running the newish motor, not much wages left.

Become a plumber. Then you are more than qualified to do domestic installs. Or at least that's what your ego will tell you.

Seriously though stick with the job you are in unless you want to be undercut by some incompetent shrewhead who will do the job for nothing.

loads round here advertising 10 lessons £55. or £12/lesson.

Reply to becoming a domestic electrician !!confused!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been working as an electrician under an NICEIC Approved Contractor for the past 10 years. I have my C&G2365 level 1/2/3 (acquired before...
Replies
Views
I am currently employed by the RAF as an Electrical Engineer/Technician, but I'm interested in going down the route of a domestic electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I am wondering about becoming an electrician of some form or another and thought to come to an...
Replies
Views
Currently serving in the Royal Engineers and doing my level 3 DAO electrician course, i’m looking for weekend work (domestic/ commercial) around...
Replies
Views
Hi guys,I have 2 questions,I have 16th edition and would like to get 18th(been abroad for last 10yrs),do I need to do full edition or is there a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock