Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss becoming a Technician in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pigletvonpiggle

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

i have got my 236 part 1 and 2(a and b) and 16th edition.nvq3. but have found a few firms in norfolk ars asking for technisians. how do you become a tech now days. before you used to have to do the c course but i would not know what it is called now.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
G

Guest123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Piglet.

For technician status you need 2360 1+2/2351/2330 2+3, and either course C as you said, or the City and Guilds 2391-20 (formerly 2400)

In addition to 17th, 2391 and NVQ 3.

There are two different grades of technician - Site technician and Installation Technician.

Have a look here.

JIB Grading Definitions - Technician Grade

Hope this helps.

P

pigletvonpiggle

cheers lenny, i wished i had continued with the c when i was training.lol. instead of drinking the good money we used to earn.

M

maddfridge

cheers lenny, i wished i had continued with the c when i was training.lol. instead of drinking the good money we used to earn.
hi there

i got the c course and recently was told that the course is no longer considered relevant now as it is no longer run by the city and guilds just passed and i mean just the 2391-20 (2400)

Anyone else heard this any where ??

cheers

G

Guest123

hi there

i got the c course and recently was told that the course is no longer considered relevant now as it is no longer run by the city and guilds just passed and i mean just the 2391-20 (2400)

Anyone else heard this any where ??

cheers
Hey matey,

Where did you here that then?? It's a bloody cheek if you ask me We've all worked hard to gain our qualies I'm sure, and to be told that they don't mean **** anymore is outrageous.

I believe if you applied for a JIB technician card they would still accept it though.

Cheers:D

M

maddfridge

Hey matey,

Where did you here that then?? It's a bloody cheek if you ask me We've all worked hard to gain our qualies I'm sure, and to be told that they don't mean **** anymore is outrageous.

I believe if you applied for a JIB technician card they would still accept it though.

Cheers:D
it was on a recent 17th edition regs course one of the guys on there was tiyng to get on it at swindon colege but they did not have enough interest to run it :mad:

i thought bl**dy cheek spent a good while getting that in 1993 !! 2400 is nothing like the c course but a lot of it seems to have drifted into the 2330 sylabus by which i can tell from whats on here !:p

just for the hell of it when i get 2391-20 certificate
i will apply for technician status and see what happens lolololol Also got a mechanical engieering full tech as well just as am added bit of fun

cheers
l

Last edited by a moderator:
Aico 3000 Range

Reply to becoming a Technician in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom