Discuss Bedroom Switch Position in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

thomas-1981

Doing an attic conversion and been asked by the builder to put the bedroom switch just outside the bedroom door. As built in wardrobes going either side of the door in the bedroom. Never came across this or gave it much thought. Is a bedroom switch allowed to be outside? Cheers

Doing an attic conversion and been asked by the builder to put the bedroom switch just outside the bedroom door. As built in wardrobes going either side of the door in the bedroom. Never came across this or gave it much thought. Is a bedroom switch allowed to be outside? Cheers

? What regs does it not conply with? (how about switch recessed into door frame (not full size)

use a recessed architrave switch on frame or on wardrobe.
Wouldn't have it outside the room..

Why not? It doesn't say anywhere that it must be installed inside the room. If that's what the builder/client wants then what's the hassle.

If you have to position it outside the door I would 2way it with a switch adj to bed - nobody is going to be happy with having to go outside the room to switch off at night.

I have a bedroom in my house with the light switch outside the door, was done as part of the build because there is no room for a switch beside the door inside due to a walk in wardrobe. I must say i find it really annoying and we don't even use the room and i have yet to come up with a suitable alternative, short of reducing the walk in wardrobe.

I was thinking something more permanant Tel, no doubt someone will lose the remote. Not to mention they are uglier than energy saving lambs

I find it hard to believe that there is nowhere in the room to position a light switch, I mean they aren't the biggest things in the world are they. As said, why not use a pull switch?

I was thinking something more permanant Tel, no doubt someone will lose the remote. Not to mention they are uglier than energy saving lambs

baa, baaa.

Bedroom Switch Position 6d9e3830602afabc702ce871d8dbf1cb - EletriciansForums.net

So the built in wardrobes are being taken tight to the bedroom door architrave. Surely they could stop 2 inches shy to allow room for a wall mounted (architrave) switch.

Get the chippy to build a backing for it and just stock it in the side of the cabinet using a fastfix box.

Reply to Bedroom Switch Position in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock