Discuss Been doing a rewire....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

In a previous life my work took me to many different homes. It is wrong to generalise, albeit in some geographical areas you do see a pattern...
Doctor's houses: quite often chaotic, but not always
Tenanted properties in the private sector: Usually neat and tidy, especially those with a high rent
Social housing: very dependent on location, but usually fine
Big, private houses with stables: often a midden!

Where there are horses and/or dogs, it seems the owners lavish time and money on their animals, less so on their houses, even though they clearly have plenty disposable income...however you are much more likely to be offered a decent glass of claret than a cup of tea, so all good!

we have 4 dogs and although a lot of attention is lavished on them, 'er indoors does keep the house clean and (generally) tidy, sometimes to the point of OCD. I keep telling her that the washing up/ ironing/dust etc. will stilll be there in the morning, sometimes I need to watch her dusting the coffee table , don't need dust in my beer when I'm watching Air Crash or Animal Cops.:D:D:D.

One category of customer which is the same across all house types...those where there are handcuffs and masks hanging off the bedposts, and an array of "unusual" chargers on the dressing table...without exception they are laid-back and amusing and always a pleasure to deal with!

Reply to Been doing a rewire....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Hello. Homeowner trying to understand what is a fair quote for full rewire. We've had to tear the ceilings down as part of unplanned asbestos...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock