Discuss Been on a few days but haven't actually said hi , also anyone any ideas on electrical related course in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all , i love these forums , full of semi like minded guys with different opinions etc, so thank you

what I'm after is a course that can be mainly undertaken in my own time and not need to sit in a class room , that will possibly actually have some value with commercial type work
currently we use independent cable calcs company
we have in-house cad guy
any suggestions of some kind of interesting type course ? and guess at length of time to undertake it and costs ?

thanks again

Hi all , i love these forums , full of semi like minded guys with different opinions etc, so thank you

what I'm after is a course that can be mainly undertaken in my own time and not need to sit in a class room , that will possibly actually have some value with commercial type work
currently we use independent cable calcs company
we have in-house cad guy
any suggestions of some kind of interesting type course ? and guess at length of time to undertake it and costs ?

thanks again
Depends if you are after qualifications or not, what qualifications do you hold at the moment?

also was all city and guilds not the NVQ that the younger guys had to do....
Personally I don't rate distance learning, but that's my own view, of course there are some people who thrive on them, if to want to do training in your own time, then you will need to search the distance learning sites.

I've googled it before and theres sooo many courses out there, thats where any recommendations to courses that people have done and enjoyed would be appreciated , and really has tone mainly from home as working life doesn't really allow days off or atleast regular planned days would just fail due to site meets and the like cropping up all the time etc

I've googled it before and theres sooo many courses out there, thats where any recommendations to courses that people have done and enjoyed would be appreciated , and really has tone mainly from home as working life doesn't really allow days off or atleast regular planned days would just fail due to site meets and the like cropping up all the time etc
Does the company you work for have any kind of training policy? or is it a normal contracting firm that's out to make as much money as they can and blow the individual's requests for further training.

not quite , I've just moved into a non electrical company and started the electrical division , we growing company and as a result its manic all the time (as it should be) as time goes on and the electrical side grows then i guess training and stuff will come hand in hand
currently we send guys on courses as and if required for certain jobs (if that makes sense)

Reply to Been on a few days but haven't actually said hi , also anyone any ideas on electrical related course in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net