Discuss Been there, done that, NOT got the T-Shirt ! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

duska

Hi Guys and Gals,

So, just to give you a little background...... Ive been a Kitchen Fitter for the last 20 years and with it did all the elecs, Eg. New ring for Kitchen, New 6mm feed for double oven, sometimes even a CU change etc, etc.

In Jan 2005 I did the Part P course when it first came in, But mid Jan 2005 I started Contracting to a different company, who (beacause of the new regs) sent in a sparky to do the first fix before the new Kitchen went in and He returned for the second fix when we were done.

Consequently I never Registered with anyone as I thought this would be a waste of more cash, having just spent £800 on the course and nearly another £800 on test equipment and having a week off with no pay (self employed)

Anyway (I feel like i'm starting to ramble on a bit) I would like to get up to date with everything so, my question is....

Is there a course that is designed for someone who is a little rusty or do you guys think I should just do the Part P again ? and, Is there any other course you think I should look at doing ?

Still got the Test Equipment, it will be ready for Calibration though.

I feel I'm ok with everything apart from the testing side of things. After three years most of it has been forgotten.

Cheers in Advance,

Duska.

Reply to Been there, done that, NOT got the T-Shirt ! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys,I have 2 questions,I have 16th edition and would like to get 18th(been abroad for last 10yrs),do I need to do full edition or is there a...
Replies
Views
I'm unsure if I should be an electrician or maybe another trade is better. I have basically completed my first year of a foundation in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
This is a strange one, my neighbour is a bit mad, he had a largish extension built in about 2015, the builder attempted to do everything including...
Replies
Views
So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock