Discuss Being made redundant, what courses? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mike3671

Hi

Unforunately we have just been informed that our factory is to commence a 90 day consultation period after which we will most likely be made redundant.
I've been working as a maintenance electrician for the last 12 years and as such have had no need to go for part P certification etc although I have done the 17th edition.
I may be entitled to some free funding so was wondering what courses I would need to do for me to be able to do and test work on a domestic basis if I can't find similar employment to what I am doing now.
Thanks

Mike

If you already have the 17th edition all you would need to do it the 2391 exam, (i'd do the 2392 first if you are not familiar with inspection and testing), if you are competent, go staright on the 2391 course.

Some colleges offer free or reduced prices for unemployed student so check woth your local college first.

Once you have the 17th and 2391, then you're all ready to apply for jobs in the domestic sector, also PAT testing is also normally a day or so course, so it may be woth getting that under your bely too to enhance your employment prosepects.

Good luck!

They look like good suggestions for starters. I have C&G installation work part 2(1990) and NTEC ONC in electrical and electronic engineering(1989). Do I not need to do the part P exam then?

2391 covers the Part P aspect if you are to become a sole trader.

I would look at 2392 (single phase domestic - Electrical Instattations) course then progress onto 2391 (3 phase and Minor Works and Periodic Reporting). And then go from there.

Reply to Being made redundant, what courses? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net