Discuss Bench-type Sockets for a Kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

active_lad

Part of a new kitchen installation will be against a stone wall, so there's no opportunity to install wall-mounted sockets. An option is therefore to install a bench-type socket on the worktop. Having looked at the MK Pinnacle and Centaur President solutions, they look rather commercial and I was looking to offer a more domestic-friendly solution that doesn't involve using under wall cupboard fixings (because there will be no wall cupboards). Recessed sockets mounted into the worktop got a big thumbs down - it's a bench style socket that's wanted.

Can anyone suggest any suitable products? I've done lots of Google searches but everything that comes up is either for commercial installations or is PVCu trunking-based.

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago i fitted some sockets fro a customer in her kitchen, they had an angled back and could be mounted on top of the worktop flush to the wall or under the top units flush to the wall, the socket outlet however fitted was looking at you at 45 degress. they looked quite good and were satin chrome i think, and i am sure she said she got them from Ikea.

Cheers.......Howard

TLC do work top sockets as sirkit breaker has discribed,think they are the same.

Have you considered ''Pop Up'' modules that have 3 to 4 socket outlets available. They are recessed under the worktop and pop up when you require to use. When not in use the top cover is flush to the worktop. Sorry can't give you a link but i know they are available in the UK!!

EDIT ...haha ...you beat me to it ...and with a link too ...lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember about 4 or 5 years ago i fitted some sockets fro a customer in her kitchen, they had an angled back and could be mounted on top of the worktop flush to the wall or under the top units flush to the wall, the socket outlet however fitted was looking at you at 45 degress. they looked quite good and were satin chrome i think, and i am sure she said she got them from Ikea.

Cheers.......Howard
If they were IKEA, they don't seem to do anything anymore, which is a shame.

I installed this type of angled trunking in a kitchen that was almost devoid of outlets, for a friend here just a little while ago. Used the leftover section to use on a workbrench i knocked up for him too!! There really a solid bit of kit, made by Marshals in the UK...

Bench-type Sockets for a Kitchen {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I've had a look around and I can now see your problem. As a last resort how about the pvc bench fitting and a tin if crome hammerite :).

That looks tidy in the kitchen.......i have had a thought. Just finished a rewire today, but had to reinstate the exisiting kitchen sockets till the kitchen comes out next month. I am going to suggest doing what you have done so i can put temp outlets in and kitchen can be removed without wiring being an issue.
Nice one cheers.......howard

or some flowery wallpaper offcuts

Reply to Bench-type Sockets for a Kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock