Discuss Best battery screwdriver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

golfpaul

Im looking for a small drill/driver for within £100.

Ive seen a few bosch and makitas but am wondering whats best.

Any suggestions?

have a 10.8 bosch one, got it second hand couple of years ago, in daily use still works spot on.
recently got also a 10.8 GSB combi one, nice small tidy kit, 3 settings for screwing, drilling, and even hammer drilling.
perfect for doing mobile callouts.

I've got the Dewalt 10.8v set - Cordless impact and cordless drill.
Bought it on special offer 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

I've got the Dewalt 10.8v set - Cordless impact and cordless drill.
Bought it on special offer 2 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

So, Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee and DeWalt all get a thumbs up. Not sure if the Black and Decker was a serious suggestion.

I'd look at the whole range for each of the manufacturers and see if there are other tools which might influence your decision. For instance, I've just bought Makita's 10.8V circular saw. It's tiny, but I recon it might be useful when lifting the odd floorboard, particularly in tight spots. Another example, Bosch do a top-end wall scanner that uses their 10.8V batteries and one of the makes (DeWalt?) do a 'snake' camera which uses their 10.8V batteries.

I'm getting the Hilti set next. They advertise it as a 12v but it's a 10.8v - Drill and impact driver, I used one on Demo and it's lovely. Hilti Rep say's they advertise it as a 12 so it's entered into the 12v market range because they are confident that their 10.8 is as good as everyone else 12v.

My go to is Makita 18v if for no other reason than the sheer range of tools for the batteries. However in the 10.8 range I had a mate who had the full Milwaukee set and it was really impressive. Even its mini SDS was a joy to work with for simple plugging n screwing cleats on block wall.

Reply to Best battery screwdriver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net