Discuss Best CCU is Schneider...Oh no it isn't. Anyone tried Chintz? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Marti

-
Arms
Reaction score
I know I'm going to regret askin' but I never learn so here are two contentious question in one.
The best CCU, and by "best" I mean plenty of installation room, good quality screw fixings and reliable RCDs / RCBOs. Personally, I still like Schneider; maybe because that's what I trained on. The high price has minimal impact on the final invoice but maybe I'm fooling myself?

Separately, Has anyone tried Chintz from Screwfix? Saw them at the electrician's Show (not difficult to find, no bloody stands this year) and they appeared to be good quality but I know only fitting a few will tell and that's customer service risk. I did run a search in here as I assumed this question had been done to death but no luck.

Now, who's got my tin 'at!

Not a lot to choose between them nowadays. Pay your money take your choice. No problem with Chint but trying to get SPDs etc if same brand is not always easy as wholesalers don’t always stock everything. Plus when you need to find arc protection in the future how easy will it be then and still keep to the price point. Save money on one part and get hammered on something else it’s life. Time for another Brandy

Some good points on the Chintz. I tried CEF's Proton or something. Cramped and awkward case. Might try one in a garage or similar. I'll take a look at the Hager since they seem to have the gold star.

Quite like the denmans curve range of boards. Got the extra height for rcbos. Uses steeple mcbs, rcds etc... really good if not using rcbos as you then got plenty of room to make it look pretty if thats your thing.
Its well priced too which is always a good thing. If customer will pay i use hager but will avoid bg as they never line up well

I was in Screwfix the other day and the bloke always tries telling me about their latest offers. Normally I'm not interested as only get back-boxes and cable from there, but he mentioned they had got rid of Schneider boards and got Eaton in instead.
Never fitted Eaton but I have a feeling from somewhere that it is half decent gear. Any thoughts on Eaton appreciated.
I like the 'new' rigid neutral links on the chint boards, old school and makes a board look so much neater. I am a Hager ----- generally though.

A quick search suggests the Hagers are not as expensive as I expected. May pop into TLC and take a look although they don't have a branch usefully close to me.

A lot of the cheaper or low-end boards,can be tolerated and fitted quite tidily,with a bit of internal dressing,and -----prepping,of a section of surface-plate flat wall:rolleyes:

I know,this should not be extra duties,after paying a manufacturing company to do so....but here we are,welcome to 21st century,where repairing/improving a newly delivered product,is the norm....or fight the long fight warranty,refund wise...

It does not seem to matter,who supplies,or how much is spent,you will sooner or later be expected to assume the toe-touching position,and await incoming....

My rant, may be the result of the 7 weeks of physical,mental and actual torture,Victorian Plumbing have put me through,like i was in final assessment for a career in special forces....purely due to the over-priced radiator they delivered,looking like a dinosaur had chewed it:(:eek::rolleyes:...

....Gonna shout the missus...see if we have any crystal-meth left...

A quick search suggests the Hagers are not as expensive as I expected. May pop into TLC and take a look although they don't have a branch usefully close to me.
You won't go wrong with either Hager or Crabtree. The Crabtree Starbreaker is slot fit so no breakers to torque up.

PS. To the busbar that is.

Last edited:

Reply to Best CCU is Schneider...Oh no it isn't. Anyone tried Chintz? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock