Discuss Best certificate software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Was using amtech up until 2009 yearly fees were ridiculous, easy cert good 1 off price and cheap yearly fee which works out cheaper than buying paper certs.

How much is Easycert to use on your mobile I've got a samsung which is android

£229

If the software works well its a good idea as you can export to your account so if pc breaks and phone is lost you can still access certs.

Not tried it but if i had my 2391 equ i would get it for convinience

i've recently been using 'icertifi' on iphone and ipad for a few larger eicr's, and a couple of eic's, and i have to say i'm seriously impressed.

I got a free license for PIR Forms a few years ago and have used them since. NIC are apparently developing an all that fits in with their online notification software which can be used offline, I'll have a look over that when it comes out but until then, PIR Forms is good, and it's Cornish based :)

Have to agree icertify is great software, I use this on my iPad and iPhone with no difficulty. Uploads files to Dropbox and email flawlessly. Continuous improvements with regular updates.

I use icertifi, find it quick and easy and you can AirPrint off your iOS device!
It also tells you verbally if a reading has failed!
Shocked me the first time it happened !

i take readings using my tester, my eyes and pen and paper. then type them into a spreadsheet. (got a electrical certificate as excel file some time ago and customized it for my use in open office)
print it out at home and give/sent to customer next day.

thinking of getting myself a portable printer one day and use open office on asus eee mini laptop, fill and print on the job, useful for EICRs.

free and works for me.

I got a free license for PIR Forms a few years ago and have used them since. NIC are apparently developing an all that fits in with their online notification software which can be used offline, I'll have a look over that when it comes out but until then, PIR Forms is good, and it's Cornish based :)

This is now live for NICEIC members, and will be available to Elecsa members in due course. Cost about a pound for each cert, and can be emailed to the client & cert is stored on-line. I will go for that when it's available to Elecsa members, saves all the hassel.

Not sure I'm keen on the NICEIC online certs they look the part when emailed to a customer but I think they take to long to fill in.... maybe its just me

as a slight divergence, can anyone tell me how to insert a signature onto a pc generated cert. this would be great for emailing certs. to client, rather than printing off in order to sign.

well the NICEIC online certificate system has a box you draw your signature into and saves it for future use and i just used my ipad for that.

On my laptop i just signed an a4 sheet scanned it and saved it as a jpeg which i import to whatever software im using.

i'm trying that method - signed paper, scanned. just got to work out how to get it into the sig. box. just wondered if there was an easier way.

Not sure what software you have, mine Megger, you just right click on sign box and it will look for a jpg., just browes to your scanned photo.

think i'm getting the idea. thanks. will have to work on the signature size so it don't expand the box.

i'm trying that method - signed paper, scanned. just got to work out how to get it into the sig. box. just wondered if there was an easier way.

What software are you using?

I'm sure most will allow you to import a scanned signature so its in the certificate automatically.

Mine just sort fits itself in there, in fact if anything bit too small (the signature that is!). Not impressed with the Megger on-site software.

Reply to Best certificate software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock