Discuss Best cheapest place to buy 18th edition regs book? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Bit more expensive , but the IET is the best place to buy in my opinion.
https://shop.------.org/bs-7671-201...ions-iet-wiring-regulations-18th-edition-blue
As above , there is some rubbish on the market.

Having a genuine copy of the regs is, I'm afraid, just one of the costs you have to bare for the job :(

I get discount off the IET as a member, but that hardy covers the annual membership fee!

There probably are better books to study though, but I can't really advise. However, the IET's "Electrical Installation Design Guide" is actually quite good and has some useful worked examples, also the On-Site Guide has 90% or so of what you are likely to need in a handy format.

I would suggest the IET like everyone else, I am a member myself so it is a no brainer for me.

Amazon was doing an offer back in October for £55, but if you ever decide to buy from Amazon when/if they do an offer again, make sure it is "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" to avoid fakes.

+1 for the IET on site guide, I think its the only one with a spiral binding so you don't have to break its back when reading it or referencing it on site, plus it lays flat, but the unite "The Electricians Guide to Inspection and Testing" is an easier read.

I would suggest the IET like everyone else, I am a member myself so it is a no brainer for me.

Amazon was doing an offer back in October for £55, but if you ever decide to buy from Amazon when/if they do an offer again, make sure it is "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" to avoid fakes.
I fell for it with one of the 17th editions, after a few months it became a loose leaf folder.

Reply to Best cheapest place to buy 18th edition regs book? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock