Discuss best complaints stroppiest customer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigbaddave

Come on what's the best story, we have all had them customers who like to winge..

Couple of weeks ago council rewire.. Upstairs flat owner comes done and asks if we can keep the drilling till after 12 as he watching Jeremy Kyle

Or the customer who complains about chasing the wall to conceal the cable

Not so much a complaint as a funny story, couple weeks ago was doing a cu change and was at the point of changing meter tails (i swear i walked into the cupboard and the cutout fuse just jumped out of the carrier like i scared it) so obviously no power in the gaff. All of a sudden then 50summink year old female homeowner came running in yelling to stop somethings wrong there is still power in the house. Obviously i am concerned thinking maybe shes got power from a neighbour or something until she shows me her hallway phone all lit up and time flashing. She didnt realise being cordless that it had a battery in it and thought i was going to go bang

Racecourse estate in Gateshead-
Tenant asks how long the power is going to be off because he wants to watch Jeremy Kyle
Another puts a claim in for damage to the "brand new" fridge freezer caused by a surge which was down to the new electricity I had installed.
Another says one of the lads can leave his tools over the weekend and pinches a load of them
Another screws half the lads on the site then tells me I'm next (politely declined the offer)
Another is in one day and not the next then complains that the rewire is taking longer than it should (wants compen)
Dunston
One guy is a hoarder, rooms packed floor to ceiling in rancid bin bags
Another isn't the full shilling and wants to help us, told he can't so he tidys everything up as we're working including all the gear we're using.
Another, when asked to keep out of the way during CU change spits the dummy out and demands we leave immediately.
Assorted cable and tool thefts while working. Smallholdings in several properties. Used needles left lying around, general filth etc etc.
Apart from all that it was a canny job

Did you ever work in the rocket? And racecourse estate. I worked there once was changing few light fittings and these lads walk in the house with handwash bottles and two wheelchairs.. Only pinched them from bensham hospital

I was on the rocket for a day mate I got put there because they had a lad off. I liked the sandwich shops in Dunston, Simply Deli was cracking bait, can't remember what the other one was called. Who was your gaffer on the rocket?

When I worked for the firm I served my time with I done a CU change and all went well then the next day the customer phoned to complain that i had not reset the clocks on their bedside clocks, microwave and oven. The boss just laughed when he took that call.

Racecourse estate in Gateshead-
Tenant asks how long the power is going to be off because he wants to watch Jeremy Kyle
Another puts a claim in for damage to the "brand new" fridge freezer caused by a surge which was down to the new electricity I had installed.
Another says one of the lads can leave his tools over the weekend and pinches a load of them
Another screws half the lads on the site then tells me I'm next (politely declined the offer)
Another is in one day and not the next then complains that the rewire is taking longer than it should (wants compen)
Dunston
One guy is a hoarder, rooms packed floor to ceiling in rancid bin bags
Another isn't the full shilling and wants to help us, told he can't so he tidys everything up as we're working including all the gear we're using.
Another, when asked to keep out of the way during CU change spits the dummy out and demands we leave immediately.
Assorted cable and tool thefts while working. Smallholdings in several properties. Used needles left lying around, general filth etc etc.
Apart from all that it was a canny job

Racecourse estate? ......... I knew it well.

I had the job of fitting Combi boilers and decommissioning the back boilers in some of them.

The houses themselves are ok - built to a decent standard etc. - the problem is some of the occupants of them.

I was on the rocket for a day mate I got put there because they had a lad off. I liked the sandwich shops in Dunston, Simply Deli was cracking bait, can't remember what the other one was called. Who was your gaffer on the rocket?

Aye, The Rocket's all gone now.

When that was being built, I worked nearby and every night after work, I stood at the bus stop on Ellison Road waiting for the bus home and watched it being built - all the way from the foundation (which was built above ground then sunk into the ground) to completion.

I never thought I'd see it being knocked down though, but I did.

Credit where it's due though most of the older tenants were absolutely fantastic

I agree. The trouble I had was with a stroppy young bint who wasn't happy because I isolated her gas fire because it was in a dangerous condition and somehow - in her eyes - it was all my fault !!!

Got moaned at the other night by a family friend who I'm doing their whole 6 bedroom house for dirt cheap ( occupied as well) for not getting the job done, the wife said she can't live like this no more because I have not second fixed the new kitchen exstention they have had built, told me she has not had any lights or power in her kitchen, well, the ceilings are not even plastered yet and the room is empty, kitchen is getting fitted till end if march, and she was having a go at me, unbelivable , oh and the kitchen people ****ed up their drawing which I told them a month ago that it did not measure up correct but they insisted it was correct and to first fix so they could plaster the walls, guess what?? All I'm saying is never working for family friends who have not got a clue in the building game again. The other classic was I told them prior to works that the chasing out was going to cause dust and they said no problem, after one day of chasing out they where both on the verge of a breakdown, even tho I hired a wall chaser and dust extractor out if my own money and told me there was to be no more chasing out done!!!!!!!

Reply to best complaints stroppiest customer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net