Discuss Best Consumer Unit Make / Model in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

FatAlan

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Would be interested to know from the experienced practioners out there what is currently considered the best domestic single phase make of CU.
I say this from purely selfish point of view as I’m about to embark on a 4 bed house refurb and likely to go for RCBOs.
Opinions based on access, user friendliness, quality etc. Any CU tarts out there that would consider a particular make / model the dogs b****cks of CU’s? :rolleyes:

I use Hager daily and have done for years. Very reliable switchgear in my opinion from a decent company with good history.

But! A large RCBO board will see you spending quite a bit on the gear.

I rate Schneider, but not the domestic range, the iC60 Acti-9 range. A single phase isobar board would probably be the "money no object" option for me.

There are much cheaper options than both of the above for RCBO boards

Cheap rcbo I have used Live rcbo’s, on my own house I used an SBS double pole compact rcbo board, one rcbo was faulty out if the box but a replacement was sent the next day, very easy to fit!

All I fit is BG in Domestic. My main wholesaler has a couple of 5 figure a month contract solely for BG Boards for Housing Exec work, some Dual and some RCBO. The returns for faulty parts is tiny given the volumes sold.

Reply to Best Consumer Unit Make / Model in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
I need to install an additional consumer unit. Normally I would put the existing tails into Henley blocks and feed both CU from there, but in this...
Replies
Views
Hi, we need some advice on our scenario with regards to our rewire plan. I will get this out of the way first... We are planning to put the house...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody. In the not too distant future I would like to get my current consumer unit replaced. I want to select the brand for my electrician...
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock