Discuss Best Domestic CU For Complete RCBO Install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Regular EF Member
Hi Chaps

There will be lots of opinions I guess but what do you guys regard as a good (or the best) domestic CU for a full RCBO install (8 circuits)?

Looking ease to work with as well as space at the top of the RCBOs.

Thanks All

Sky

M

MKS

Denmans do the curve range! Great price, nice looking and easy board to fit, recommended :)

somersetsparks

Regular EF Member
Wylex supply a kit with 8 RCBO's at a decent price, the main switch is moved over by 2 modules to allow easier wiring of tails/fly leads. Think its a 16way unit with 12 usable ways.
Failing that, MK have always provided the most spacious fuseboards!

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
Senate/Sector do metal clad boxes for RCBO's and have 5, 8, 11 and 14 way sizes.

L

Lucas

I like Hager boards. I personally think there is plenty of space above the MCB/RCBO and they look asthetically pleasing

D

Dean Smith

If you get a GE Board they have the new miniature rcbo's which are not much bigger than an mcb I don't know about price though, otherwise MK have plenty of space and are not as expensive as you would think.

OP
SKY

SKY

Regular EF Member
If you get a GE Board they have the new miniature rcbo's which are not much bigger than an mcb I don't know about price though, otherwise MK have plenty of space and are not as expensive as you would think.
Like the idea of the RCBOs that are compact by GE.
They are in toolstation but are C curve only - have you used C curve in domestic before?

Amp David

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
If budget is an issue, I have always used an empty MK cu then main switch and RCBOs from RCBO.biz.

Never once had a problem

Guitarist

Regular EF Member
Just fitted a Crabtree starbreaker with 7 RCBO circuits. No complaints about the room. Shop around for the RCBO's tho, as prices vary drastically.

G

Guest55

Like the idea of the RCBOs that are compact by GE.
They are in toolstation but are C curve only - have you used C curve in domestic before?
Using type c devices will bring down your max permissable Zs levels a fair bit so i wouldnt advise it unless you already have test readings for the circuits beforehand.

M

moospark

Just fitted a Crabtree starbreaker with 7 RCBO circuits. No complaints about the room. Shop around for the RCBO's tho, as prices vary drastically.
Did a Council solar job, all Crabtree starbreaker rcbo, joy, plug in and play.

Amp David

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Using type c devices will bring down your max permissable Zs levels a fair bit so i wouldnt advise it unless you already have test readings for the circuits beforehand.
But then some will argue that being a 30mA RCBO, your max Zs can be 1667 ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.