CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Best Domestic CU For Complete RCBO Install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SKY

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Chaps

There will be lots of opinions I guess but what do you guys regard as a good (or the best) domestic CU for a full RCBO install (8 circuits)?

Looking ease to work with as well as space at the top of the RCBOs.

Thanks All

Sky

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
M

MKS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Denmans do the curve range! Great price, nice looking and easy board to fit, recommended :)

Wylex supply a kit with 8 RCBO's at a decent price, the main switch is moved over by 2 modules to allow easier wiring of tails/fly leads. Think its a 16way unit with 12 usable ways.
Failing that, MK have always provided the most spacious fuseboards!

O

Octopus

Senate/Sector do metal clad boxes for RCBO's and have 5, 8, 11 and 14 way sizes.

L

Lucas

I like Hager boards. I personally think there is plenty of space above the MCB/RCBO and they look asthetically pleasing

D

Dean Smith

If you get a GE Board they have the new miniature rcbo's which are not much bigger than an mcb I don't know about price though, otherwise MK have plenty of space and are not as expensive as you would think.

S

SKY

If you get a GE Board they have the new miniature rcbo's which are not much bigger than an mcb I don't know about price though, otherwise MK have plenty of space and are not as expensive as you would think.
Like the idea of the RCBOs that are compact by GE.
They are in toolstation but are C curve only - have you used C curve in domestic before?

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
If budget is an issue, I have always used an empty MK cu then main switch and RCBOs from RCBO.biz.

Never once had a problem

Just fitted a Crabtree starbreaker with 7 RCBO circuits. No complaints about the room. Shop around for the RCBO's tho, as prices vary drastically.

G

Guest55

Like the idea of the RCBOs that are compact by GE.
They are in toolstation but are C curve only - have you used C curve in domestic before?
Using type c devices will bring down your max permissable Zs levels a fair bit so i wouldnt advise it unless you already have test readings for the circuits beforehand.

M

moospark

Just fitted a Crabtree starbreaker with 7 RCBO circuits. No complaints about the room. Shop around for the RCBO's tho, as prices vary drastically.
Did a Council solar job, all Crabtree starbreaker rcbo, joy, plug in and play.

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Using type c devices will bring down your max permissable Zs levels a fair bit so i wouldnt advise it unless you already have test readings for the circuits beforehand.
But then some will argue that being a 30mA RCBO, your max Zs can be 1667 ohms

Reply to Best Domestic CU For Complete RCBO Install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom