Discuss Best euro converter plug for wood burning hot tub ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

claira

DIY
Reaction score
Hi what external waterproof socket will allow for the use of 2 SC3P euro 2 pin to uk 3 pin convertors? I've tried the flip up versions but they won't even fit in due to the tapering of the housing - let alone let the waterproof lid shut! (I tried LAP, 2G & MK)
I need to run LEDs ( 10w / 240v Type F and bubbles (230 / 700w Type F (2 pin grounded 16A 220-240v) so have two leads with 2 pin plugs. I could use a waterproof / weatherproof box kit but these are more for xmas lights etc and cost much more and have a rcd etc and timer which I don't need! Any ideas?! I might be able to get some smaller adaptors but some advice would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_2651.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi what external waterproof socket will allow for the use of 2 SC3P euro 2 pin to uk 3 pin convertors? I've tried the flip up versions but they won't even fit in due to the tapering of the housing - let alone let the waterproof lid shut! (I tried LAP, 2G & MK)
I need to run LEDs ( 10w / 240v Type F and bubbles (230 / 700w Type F (2 pin grounded 16A 220-240v) so have two leads with 2 pin plugs. I could use a waterproof / weatherproof box kit but these are more for xmas lights etc and cost much more and have a rcd etc and timer which I don't need! Any ideas?! I might be able to get some smaller adaptors but some advice would be great!
Change the outside socket for a UK type suitably IP rated of course, and change the plugs on the items you want to plug in for UK types, job done.

230 v air bubbles 240 LEDS
I think they are already not compliant with UK trading standards if they have supplied a non-UK plug to a domestic UK customer!
I'm purchasing from
Or fitted with an approved adaptor - ie. one that is fused and requires a tool to remove.
Hi thanks for you reply yes bought two fused schuko ones but they won't fit in the double external socket so might have to go down the waterproof box route

Reply to Best euro converter plug for wood burning hot tub ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock