Discuss Best (Fastest) FIT Application? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Trimglafix

I am having a Solar PV install done this Wednesday. It is on a house I rent out. Their (the tenants) electricity supplier is Eon, but I want to ensure I have no delays with registration due to the 3rd March deadline.
Can anybody recommend a FIT company with excellent customer service? I need to make sure the application goes through without delay or hitch (or even excuses) that make me miss the deadline.

Wow. Thank you for a very prompt reply Earthstore. I have begun looking at their website due to your suggestion & have already found it more accommodating than most of the 'big suppliers' when it comes to FIT's. I will continue investigating further....
Thanks.

If you do it though Eon (I did one with them a few days ago) you can email it across to them, I spoke to them on the phone and they said they have a back log and it might take them up to 8 weeks to register it on their side but..... if you get the email into them before the 3rd then you have the 43.3p rate fixed regardless of how long it takes them.... you get an email reply from them the second you send it so you can be sure they recieved it... just thought i would point out they dont have to porcess it by 3rd march just recieve it... or you can send a recorded delevery letter (or both)

Hope this helps.

Good Energy sound like a really good option but my only experience is with British Gas.
i dropped a completed application form off in person in Manchester on a Saturday morning and received an email with acceptance and their T&C's within 30 minutes.
I signed the same day and posted back. A second email arrived the following Tuesday to say all was complete and told me when I needed to send my first meter reading in. So a total of 3 days from dropping off to complete, one of which was a Sunday!

Thanks for the extra info WRDEnergy & the extra votes for Good Energy from others.
I had not realised that was the case (re submission being the deciding factor); that eases my mind a lot.
I don't mind how long they take to set me up fully, just that it is at the (potential) higher rate.
The complicating factors I have (as I see them) are:
1. I don't live in the property (tenants name on electricity supplier bills)
2. I am already on a FIT at my home address
3. The house has a 'prepayment meter' installed

I know 1 & 2 are acceptable for still receiving the new FIT (not sure about 3), but I don't want to give them chance to reject my claim 1st time round & then put it through on a later date when any issues are clarified. I guess this is where Good Energy trumps as they should be really keen as FIT's fit their company ethos.

SSE acknowledged and sent the contract for ours through within six days of me taking the paperwork to the post office. I took the precaution of sending SSE an email as well.

This was a month before the FIT cut off last year.

I was pretty impressed with that.

Thank you all for your comments & advice.
I contacted Good Energy this morning. I was impressed that I managed to speak to a UK based person on a Geographic telephone number with a short length of time on hold & with only 1 keypad option to navigate through!
They explained that they time stamp all applications on receipt (by email or post) & this will be the registered application date/time even if problems are thrown up that need addressing later. It is a bit of a pain that they need to see a driving licence or passport (not copies) but they will accept a scan in the first instance so I can register by email.
This is a company that I would not have found on my own; therefore thanks again to all who took time to recommend them.

It is a bit of a pain that [Good Energy] need to see a driving licence or passport (not copies) but they will accept a scan in the first instance so I can register by email.

Once you have emailed the application you can ring and ask for the FIT team and someone will go through the paperwork with you on the phone so you can have the assurance there is nothing wrong with it. Best utility I have ever dealt with!

Thanks Sharpener. I will do.
This is all sounding a lot easier & faster than when I dealt with my own FIT supplier (albeit under no time pressure), hence the worry.

They will even go through it with you on the phone before you send it, you can skip through the obvious, but ask about the sections you are unsure about.
I did this for a customer, and delivered it by hand, Well it was just before the 12th Dec.
Hope all goes well for you.

Reply to Best (Fastest) FIT Application? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock