Discuss Best FIT Provider? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

JH69

So we’ve got our new Solar PV system fitted and commissioned. Managed a nice 17.5 kwh today, but we need to get it registered with a FIT provider. Our installer is asking who we’d like to go with so he can complete the paperwork for us.

Our energy supplier is EON, but I’m wondering whether it would be worth considering someone else?

The considerations would be:

• Ease of submitting generation meter reading? (via email is the easiest I guess)

• Promptness of payment? (it seems like they are all bad!)

• Method payment? (do they all issue cheques or do some pay directly into a bank account?)

• Whether they accept non-customers for FIT payment (I know for example that British Gas do)

• Whether they supply a free Export meter? (given that our total electricity usage between Jan and June was just over 1000kwh, and our PV system should do around 3400kwh, I think we’ll be exporting a large proportion of what we generate!)

Does anyone have any recommendations on who we should look at, or is it just best to go with EON?

Cheers

JH69

We installed a system for a customer and emailed the fit application forms to e.on on the 12th of February and received an automated response @ 1.56pm 12-02.2012. Well despite numerous emails and phone calls the contract has only just arrived :(

Last week we emailed an application to Good Energy for a customer and he tells me that he has already received a contract from GE :)

Fit payments from e.on also take an age, we are still waiting for payment sent in on the 9th may.

I use e.on

You can phone or email your reading

I gave a reading end may was paid 5th July.

Direct payment into nominated account

Changed to own customers when it got.too much for them to process all the applications last Nov.

Im not sure any provide an export meter. They pay the usual 50%

In my opinion Good Energy are the one to go with, they offer excellent customer service, also they are a green energy provider.
As to the export meter, as far as I am aware all companies charge for this service and the cost seems to outway the benefit, I know that it does not sound right, but it is the way it is.
Forget Eon, read the recent posts.
I hope this helps.

I personally use Green Energy UK as they are my electricity supplier: Green Energy UK - Cleaner, Greener Electricity

They have been absolutely superb throughout with clear paperwork, a human answering the phone and prompt payments into my bank account. What's more, they are also British and I am all in favour of supporting our own companies rather than giving my money to French (EDF), German (E·ON, NPower) or Spanish (Scottish Power) shareholders.

Green Energy UK are only a voluntary FiT licensee so won't, however, offer the FiT to non-customers so I usually recommend Good Energy to my customers.

90% of our customers go with Good Energy on our recommendation and we've heard nothing but good things. We also help them with all the steps of the application process so we've dealt with them a bit ourselves too. Good service and to top it all they were offering free hot mince pies to all installers that hand delivered applications to them on the last day of the winter solar rush!

Easiest to deal with, talk to, and pay reasonably quickly - Good Energy by a long way : http://bit.ly/Good_Energy any of our customers ask, we will always point them there, they even sorted out a mistake very quickly when they forgot to regsister one on the installs before 11th Decemeber, (we had proof of receipt before the deadline) they were very apologetic and sorted it very quickly, can't fail them.

We also always help our customers complete the FIT application with the provider of their choice at the handover meeting, and will even send it in on their behalf if they wish us to.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

It sounds like Good Energy are the ones to go for. I gave them a call today, and they did explain that it can take 6 to 8 weeks to get payment following the meter reading, but then as long as the payments are predictable and regular then that's not really a problem.

No export meter though - but it sounds like that's more trouble than it's worth.

I have my payments from British gas to be fair they have been good sorting it

I'm now advising our customers to use the same as there energy supplier after problems it seems easier to use existing energy companies.

EON apparently only allow existing customer to register - which I thought was against the terms of being a FIT provider. But with deadlines etc I rather not risk not getting registered so rather play it safe !!

I also no-longer scan and email customers forms for them, again after EON not registering a customers system installed in early February (as above ). I Help the customer fill the forms in then leave it up to them (post/email)....its to dangerous for us installers taking this added burden.

I think they are all crooks and like the banking LIBOR fiasco they all have their snouts in it !!

Funnily enough I am with scottish power and they were prompt sorting out FIT contract in December and pay direct to bank within about 2 weeks, my inlaws went with edf and only just got contract through last month from December install!!!!!!!! I recommend Good energy to all customers as also haven't heard any bad things about them.

Remember to write GE1780 in the partner code box......on the Good Energy application form

Nope, Go for GE1857 :)

Why?
Because when we've referred enough people we will actually get a nominal referral fee :) Don't know how much or when ... seeing as they get an admin fee of about £45 / year per regsitered system, with 25,000 on their books, they'll get £1m or so a year in fees, and they spread the love around :)

You only get referral payments if a customer signs up to GE for supply, unfortunately you do not get referral payments for a customer signing up for FIT payments.

Is this likely to be a problem? When does the FIT date start? i.e. if your install is done paid for and submitted well before July 31st but there is a 6 wee back log does this mean you don't stand a chance of getting the 21p FIT price? If so then isn't the cut off date effectively 6 weeks ago?

Reply to Best FIT Provider? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock