Discuss Best GU10 LED bulbs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

DHE

-
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering what everyone thinks the best LED GU10 bulb is. Factors include: lux, spread, cost, lifespan, colour and size. Also which make of bulb is most equivalent to the 50watt halogen bulb including all the above factors.

5watt kosnic is about equiv. to 35watt halogen. think you need to look at 7watt to get close to 50w halogen performance.

Always thought the kosnic bulbs had a bit of a blue tinge, unless they have updated them. What colours do they do in the 5watt?

higher the w the closer youll get to 50w halogen ive installed 4w leds in mine great light ive installedv 7w in some which were dearer but the wife said they were to brightt cant win the cluster leds are rubbish poor quality

Hey everyone, just wondering what everyone thinks the best LED GU10 bulb is. Factors include: lux, spread, cost, lifespan, colour and size. Also which make of bulb is most equivalent to the 50watt halogen bulb including all the above factors.
Open ended question: what do you want lumens, spread, cost, lifespan, colour or size; each one has different characteristics for each of the factors.

You could buy a 500 lumen lamp with 30degree beam for £30 lasting five years in cool white longer than standard incandescent.

or you could buy a 300 lumen lamp with 120degree angle for £5 lasting one year in warm white the same size as standard incandescent.

However which one is suitable for your requirements?

Yea i agree. Cluster LED's are terrible. Though i have put the exact same bulbs in 2 pubs and got a terrible batch in one pub, having to change around half of them and the other pub had 20 more bulbs and only had to change one in 2 and a half years!

Im after a bulb thats got a good spread, whilst being quite bright at the same time (equiv. to 35w-50w). Obviously cost is an issue as well.

Tool Station 5.4w High power led GU10 £8.94 Inc VAT Part No 36375 really good, exact replacement for 50 W GU10. Use them a lot.
I'll use them next time,.ta!

bought 3 Modoby Megaman today, 10.50 plus vat gu10 par16, very very good light off them, 2 or 3 mm longer than gu10, think they are 4.5 w

Tool Station 5.4w High power led GU10 £8.94 Inc VAT Part No 36375 really good, exact replacement for 50 W GU10. Use them a lot.

Big thanks to you TC. I need twenty GU10's for a shop display and those are perfect. You've just saved me trolling the net to find them, cheers.

We have a Special on this week (until 19th June) on Spectrum 4W Retro's at £5.00 each (here), they're a 35W equivalent and have been very reliable. We've sold just over 17k of them YTD with no issues, previously had Eclipse brand which were double the money and a complete and utter nightmare, 30% fault rate with them.

4W LED RETRO GU10 @ £5

Eoin

Ok I'll take that back!

Thanks Meteor and nice talking to one of your lads. Account getting set up tonight and an order going in for them, look good and the price is great, thanks.

Well thank you Midwest. I have these GU10 LED bulbs in my gaff. Are they the best? I don't think so but for the cost I think they are about as good a value you can get.

I am dealing with a customer at the moment who is very picky about the colour temperature of the LED bulbs. The cool white looks great but when you star trying to replace a halogen it looks a clinical. Has anyone managed to find true LED halogen replacement? There is a caveat - it has to be under £15 a lamp.

I've been using the Robus 4w versions where applicable, sticking the JCC led3s in now as they're so cheap + 10 year warranty

As for colour temperature, I think the cool white looks so much better where applicable (bathrooms and kitchens especially) and haven't had a customer choose them and regret it yet :)

TOOLSTATION !!! you're kidding, right?

The cheapest chinese crap it's possible to buy. Toolstation is the one place that I avoid.

LEDlite at TLC. white in hte bathroom and warm white in the kitchen.

Laurie

Reply to Best GU10 LED bulbs? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net