Discuss Best LED downlights? Favourite brand for ease of fitting / quality and longevity of unit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

str1ke

-
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondered what people's go to LED downlights are. I've worked for a couple of companies and both seemed to have cheap and cheerful as a preference- just replacing as required if they stopped working. What would u fit if u were to fit them for yourself? Preferably changeable with lamps, dimmer not required and same lighting level as halogens. Warm white obvs. Thank u in advance for your suggestions :)

I think so and have made sure the JCC rep for my area knows my feelings

so JCC, if you are reading this .................... your practice STINKS.........

You may think its funny BUT the time I have WASTED trying to placate my client doesn't bare thinking about .............

God only knows what happens next time 1 goes wrong ........

I find it funny that they’re incapable of holding true to their warranty, not your situation.

I don't find it funny, I find it incredibly unprofessional ....... so buying more JCC products is now not top of my list.

We had an issue with luxna. We had installed approximately 50 downlights across various dimmable banks. I literally tried every single one of their ‘approved’ dimmer mods but to no avail and was just made to look like a complete plonker due to he non comparability

Based on personal experience - be very wary of JCC's so called 10 year warranties.

The recently discontinued JCC 6 tilt - they have ABSOLUTELY no stock for warranty replacements .............. not impressed.
This is a large reason why I fit a fitting with a GU10 lamp, the warranty issue is far from limited to just JCC. With the ever improving LED technology and better output, CRI etc, many if not all dedicated downlights available now you will not be able to get the hold of in 5 years.

We had an issue with luxna. We had installed approximately 50 downlights across various dimmable banks. I literally tried every single one of their ‘approved’ dimmer mods but to no avail and was just made to look like a complete plonker due to he non comparability
Yet you still use Luxna?o_O

I was literally guaranteed by my local wholesaler that all manufacturers are obliged to hold enough stock to validate all liable warranties
For 10 years though? It was never going to be that likely even for 5, with the pace of improving technologies. As soon as the quality of Led replacements for gu10 halogens improved then that was the way to go IMHO. Cheaper and more 'maintainable'. Want to add a dimmer/change colour temp? Just buy new lamps, easy.

I was literally guaranteed by my local wholesaler that all manufacturers are obliged to hold enough stock to validate all liable warranties
For 10 years though? It was never going to be that likely even for 5, with the pace of improving technologies. As soon as the quality of Led replacements for gu10 halogens improved then that was the way to go IMHO. Cheaper and more 'maintainable'. Want to add a dimmer/change colour temp? Just buy new lamps, easy.

Reply to Best LED downlights? Favourite brand for ease of fitting / quality and longevity of unit in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock