Discuss Best method for smokies in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

NadHuh

Ok let's try to do this without getting any "Get of you DIYer your not getting any answers from us!" I am not a DIYer.

So I was wondering how people normally connect there smoke alarms,
Do you connect the twin and earths in a junction box.
Or do you use a chock box or do you just get one of those adapter plate that gives you space to put a connector block in.
And which is the best method?

If you're using wired smokes then try counting the number of conductors required between each one and then try and work out how on earth you'd do it with t&e..

Yeah call me , I'm back in action 2nd jan. oj.You obviously haven't installed any before . Read a manual online and come back and go ahhhhhhh I see. Ho ho. Ho. I'm santa tonight bring al presents out and spank the rain deer .

Best method for the Arbroath ones is definitely fried, no question.

No bones about it but the smokies as you call them if they are decent ones you connect the wire in to them I hate that cheap crap with the leads as for the fishes smoke them with whiskey barrel wood shavings and if you ain't got them wired by now then you will just have to figure out the oven timer cos sparks all over are now on holiday not worrying if your turkey burns or not hehehe

So come clean with us. I note on an earlier post you suggest you are a 1st year apprentice. Please tell me you're not endeavouring to to a full rewire already??

I've only wired and 2nd fixed the ones where you take a 2 core and earth to the first 'smokie' then a 3 core to the others. And all cables terminate into the unit. Am I missing something?

Wrong thread

Is that so >

If thats the case the plot thickens

A question was asked
I have never really understood why you need a 3rd core when wiring smokes, live, neutal and earth i get, but why do you need a switch wire exactly,

what is its job ?
Your answer
Even I knew this and I'm a first year apprentice
Best method for smokies {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

You know that a third core is required and you then write this

Do you connect the twin and earths in a junction box.

Or do you use a chock box or do you just get one of those adapter plate that gives you space to put a connector block in.

Last edited:
The wiring is already done in this install as I have said in the previous posts so the electrician who done this obviously run out of 3 core so his used 2 sets of twins and earth! Now can we get back to the question I asked?

i connect the wiring within the pattress extension boxes underneath the smokes.
this is my last , and possibly only , sensible post of the nite. :)

so the so called electrician who ran out of 3 core should be sacked and replaced by a spark who knows what he's doing. did he run out of earth sleeving , so replace with a bit of tape? run out of screws so a couple of nails will do. FFS. use the right gear for the job or leave it to someone who can.

so the so called electrician who ran out of 3 core should be sacked and replaced by a spark who knows what he's doing. did he run out of earth sleeving , so replace with a bit of tape? run out of screws so a couple of nails will do. FFS. use the right gear for the job or leave it to someone who can.

stop giving away my trade secrets.
;-D

Reply to Best method for smokies in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock