Discuss best method to go with in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glasgospark

3 phase supply into house
full house off the red phase
but we have a 3 phase ground source heat pump
i have terminated into 100a lucy blocks N l1 l2 l3 from the distributors 3pn isolator

was thinking of a 3p 32a type c breaker in its own enclosure to feed the heat pump

sorry to be vague , but i have all that side of it configured , was a question on the fact i need the heat system on its on 3 phase circuit as the house is off the L1 basically best method to do so ,
as stated before i was thinking of a encloser to hold the type c 3 phase breaker

I agree with Handy, and to add, the heat source pumps I have installed are usually 2kw max per phase for domestic use so a 32 amp TP&N supply would be too big unless you install cable too large, you may find a 10 amp supply enough for a 3 phase pump.

I agree with Handy, and to add, the heat source pumps I have installed are usually 2kw max per phase for domestic use so a 32 amp TP&N supply would be too big unless you install cable too large, you may find a 10 amp supply enough for a 3 phase pump.

actually agreed mdj , but the install is being carried out by a 3rd party , the pump is pulling 6a max per phase all i was told and asked to provide was a 3phase 32a rotary isolator

actually agreed mdj , but the install is being carried out by a 3rd party , the pump is pulling 6a max per phase all i was told and asked to provide was a 3phase 32a rotary isolator
well then supply a 3 phase rotary isolator for them, single phase pumps do usually need a 32 amp supply, if it is 3 phase though I would supply a 10 amp c rated supply to the 32 amp rotary isolator, how far away is the pump from the House? you may find a 4mm2 more that enough if not far away.

well then supply a 3 phase rotary isolator for them, single phase pumps do usually need a 32 amp supply, if it is 3 phase though I would supply a 10 amp c rated supply to the 32 amp rotary isolator, how far away is the pump from the House? you may find a 4mm2 more that enough if not far away.

the full system is in the garage about 3 meters adjacent to the main board they asked for 10mm :O but i settled at 6mm ,
do you think the method proposed above is ok coming off the distributors lucy blocks into the type c breaker to feed the rotary

Can't see any reason why not, providing you protect the circuit with an appropriate protective device and isolation there should not be a problem. I would double check their requirements though, I mean you could run a 10kw shower off a 10mm2 cable let alone a 6 amp supply to a pump. the hiccup could be the earthing arrangement, I would use the houses and Rollocks to TT, avoid an RCD at all costs IMO for a pump which is related to the heating system. (Tin Hat on)

Reply to best method to go with in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net