Discuss Best PIR security floodlight in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don’t use cheap tatt from screwfix, or cheap tatt from CEF. Had to go back to both after a couple years with water filling up the inside.

Floodlights, and floodlight with PIR.

I prefer fitting separate units now

Personally I favour Ansell floodlights and BEG PIRs. I wouldn't fit a combined unit through choice.
I like the BEG PIRs too, my only annoyance particularly with the mini luxomat version is the closeness of the cable entries to the terminal block which makes connecting a bit fiddly.

Had a steinel and 2x osram floods on my house for 4 years jow with no issues. Osram seem good up to 50w, anything over that had major issues with. Nearly every single light over 50w failed within 18 months

Reply to Best PIR security floodlight in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking for a couple of PIR floodlights to replace old halogen ones, probably around the 50W mark would provide sufficient lighting...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Home Security: Using Floodlights, CCTV, and Door Entry Systems In an era where technology is advancing rapidly, home security has...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a floodlight (preferably 50w), that can be dimmable with a standard led dimmer switch (probably a varilight v-pro). All I can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock