Discuss Best Rcbo board at reasonable price in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As mentioned in earlier post....some feedback on fuse box CU......got to say quite impressed seems good quality all tests fine and nice to work with plenty of room.....one small niggle was the earth bar is so tight to the top I couldn’t fit a croc clip on it but not a deal breaker, will use again ?

As mentioned in earlier post....some feedback on fuse box CU......got to say quite impressed seems good quality all tests fine and nice to work with plenty of room.....one small niggle was the earth bar is so tight to the top I couldn’t fit a croc clip on it but not a deal breaker, will use again ?
Sounds good to me!!

I'm just reading this thread for the first time and noticed your first post regarding fitting one on Friday. I was just about to start typing, asking how it went. You're too quick for me though! :D
[automerge]1581100860[/automerge]
Sounds good to me!!
Good thread Codboy, I've been thinking of moving over to all RCBO's for a while now as well.
I've fitted a few Lewdens which seem fine but I have nothing to compare them with. I'm definitely going to try the BG ones next (from Rexel). I'll try to remember to post once I've fitted one!

I'm just reading this thread for the first time and noticed your first post regarding fitting one on Friday. I was just about to start typing, asking how it went. You're too quick for me though! :D
[automerge]1581100860[/automerge]

Good thread Codboy, I've been thinking of moving over to all RCBO's for a while now as well.
I've fitted a few Lewdens which seem fine but I have nothing to compare them with. I'm definitely going to try the BG ones next (from Rexel). I'll try to remember to post once I've fitted one!
I always quite liked the Newlec boards. Dunno why they have stopped making them.

Don't be such a tight ---.....Starbreaker boards are the dogs. DP RCBO's. Devices sit plumb. Cover goes on without a fight. Worth paying for quality.

Don't be such a tight ---.....Starbreaker boards are the dogs. DP RCBO's. Devices sit plumb. Cover goes on without a fight. Worth paying for quality.

It's not being a tight --- to use a good quality board, at a good price, which the CP Fusebox definitely is, at under £200 for an SPD board with 12 rcbos why would ya want to pay more for a name. And have to charge a customer more or sacrifice profit for no gain on quality?

I went in to the wholesalers the other day and there was a sales rep at the counter with a fusebox CU.

It looked like an OK bit of kit, plenty of room inside and sturdy enough for its purpose. I think I wouldn't have a problem using them if I was ever to do a domestic job.

The sales rep made a bit of a thing about then RCBO's not having earth flyleads, I don't think he was too impressed when I said the boards I normally fit have a neutral busbar so the RCBOs don't have any flyleads (schneider acti9)

Reply to Best Rcbo board at reasonable price in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net