Discuss Best RF switches?? Help please? :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, hope everyone's making the most of the festive period!! ?

Got a job where the client has requested a radio frequency switch, as always they have just had entire room plastered, then decided they want an extra light. And they do not want any damage done to the walls at all ( I know :dizzy:).

I'm aware of the various types of smart switches / wi-fi based switches etc.. (which is what I originally recommended)

However they have requested that it is not to run off the wi-fi. looking online most of the radio frequency gear looks cheap and nasty, I know I am bound to have some teething problems so thought I'd ask here first.

Has any one had any experience (preferably positive) with any good quality radio frequency switches. if so what brand? and where from?

looking online most sellers are based in 'London' (via china) and dialect on direct messages isn't swaying me towards there products in case of any future issues.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

I used Lutron switching for an art studio with a remote switch that can be put on the wall. Seems fairly bulletproof. The studio was large with a 4m high ceiling and the receiver units were inside the suspended ceiling never had any problems with them. Also has the dimming capability.

I think most manufacturers are pushing Wi-fi controlled now, just as it’s an “in” thing to tell Alexa to turn on the lights. Even if they come with a remote.

the remote only ones that were left behind are mostly the cheap and nasty from che-na

Hi - you can definitely buy Quinetic ones that are not WiFi based. Pressing the switch winds up an internal micro generator and wakes up the transmitter which sends a pulse to the receiver. The receiver is always on and listens for its code, when it hears it changes the state of its connected load. The tx and rx are mated on installation - a very simple process. I love them :) .

Cheers everyone,

I've seen a few quinetic on my travels, never actually used them, but was always under the impression they where a wi-fi switch.

I'll have a little look at them now :thumbsup:
they are wireless but not through your router's wi-fi, they're independent.

Quinetic for me...I am a fan!
When i say "fan" I mean I like them a lot, I'm not something that goes whirling round and round...
but maybe tonight, i may be!

Reply to Best RF switches?? Help please? :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net