Discuss Best rollocking you have ever had!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Back in the mid Seventies, I was offered a post to get a site out of the Mire, I had been in a Safe Maintenance job, but being recently Wed and an addition to my family on the way, the extra cash was an incentive (bad move as it turned out).
The bloke in charge of the electrics on site wasn't to pleased with my appointment, so relations were strained to say the least. I had occasion to ask him to take on the installation of the Night Storage 2nd fix and was surprised when I went to check on rogress only to find Matey had connected these 3Kw heaters with 0.75 flex, on questioning him, his reply was "well it's earthed isn't it? and he was paid as a JIB Approved Electrician, I fired him and got the biggest rollicking from the contracts manager, didn't last long, got my old job back sometimes money isn't the B all and end All of things.

Parents found out I was smoking at 15.
Ok, not the best but it was memorable ...

aged 16. me and 14 year old sister caught by parents swimming the Rhine at 10 pm. apparently we did not understand that a 6 knot current was dangerous. our lame excuse was that smokes were cheaper in Germany than Switzerland.

Did they go with the "you're gonna sit there and smoke them all" routine ?

No mate.... That would have been better...

Been there, Tel!

Got a rollicking off me mum when I was in Puberty...
she insisted on putting black sheets on my bed!

So, I took to brushing my teeth in bed...

Thanks, Shadwell, for that advice!

1972 tuning a radio into Radio 1,it took forever,twiddling the knob,adjusting the 6foot Ariel,spotted by the gaffer,he watched me for over 10 minutes,kicked the radio/wireless,told me Never to do that again.
The electrician just stood & gawped,then blamed me for the cracked radio...

By not cleaning the sparks tools efficiently enough. Jurassic Sparks was a mean o’l -------

A police caution circa 90s for something i hadn't even done, along with 2 of my mates; some chap was looking to claim on insurance for a damaged paintball centre in the woods.

I later heard he'd tried to blame it on kids from the local church youth group as well.

A police caution circa 90s for something i hadn't even done, along with 2 of my mates; some chap was looking to claim on insurance for a damaged paintball centre in the woods.

I later heard he'd tried to blame it on kids from the local church youth group as well.
Sounds very dodgy? You have to admit to the offence to be given a caution. Some sharp police practice going on there?

I have a good one, got a speeding ticket and I was in the passengers seat!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll wait a bit and if anyone wants an explanation be prepared for a bit of a story.

you were driving a foreign car in the UK, Pete?.... So it looked like you were in the passenger seat.

Either that or you were teaching someone to drive and they were speeding?
Being the license holder you would be deemed to be in charge of the vehicle

Probably trying to get away from that Russian spark that you palmed off with some dodgy whiskey :cool:

Reply to Best rollocking you have ever had!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock