Discuss Best Training Provider in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

irishsailor

Guys

Can you please give me feedback on training providers for the PV courses, I am looking to train. I want comprehensive training, to include proper erection methods on roofs etc.

Looking forward to your feedback

Regards

Chris

Just finished the PPL Training course lasting 3 days. Covered all of the theory very well, and they also believe they are the only provider including "off grid" systems. As to hands on this just consisted of going through the commissioning process taking Voc, Isc readings for modules and strings. The system part is straight forward, and once you understand the system design to maximise inverter efficiencey the rest is just "Plug and Play".

Their stance on roof fixings is quite simple. Get someone else in with necessary experience, "jack of all trades master of none". Basically get teamed up with a roofer who can fit the rails while you fit the inverter etc. Not only will this speed the install up, but you will also develop a partnership that could generate more leads.

I wouldnt get hung up on finding a course that gives you everything. Worst case is you will learn on a pristine rig and then screw up on a 100 year old property because your fixings went into rafters suffering from dry rot. The roofer will bring his knowledge and also absolve you of risk, shoud the roof or fixings fail......

So as a recomendation, the PPL course was clear, concise and well put together

Reply to Best Training Provider in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net