Discuss Best training route in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gregbruell

Hi guys,

im im new to the forum and just wanted some advice on what the best training route to go down was. I have just completed my NVQ level 3 (marine fitting bias) and will in September be starting my HNC in electric and electronic principals.
My aim is at some point in the future to join a new career path in the oil industry working on rigs or ashore (whatever suits my situation at the time)

general advice about good qualification to gain and other experience which could make me more employable in these fields would be greatly appreciated
thanks!

Don't know much the angle you appear to want to go (Offshore etc) but I would imagine CompEx would greatly assist you in this area. Take a look.

CompEx - Course Units

Other options are C&G 2394 & 2395 (inspection and testing, both periodic inspection and testing and initial verification.)

C&G 2396 Design, erection and verification of electrical installations.

Non-electrical I would say that a NEBOSH certificate wouldn't hurt or some form of health and safety training applicable to the type of work you're interested in.

Reply to Best training route in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Any C&I technicians/ engineers out there who can offer some advice on their training path/ the required training path for this industry? I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Just a quick introduction from me - I'm a 49 year old living in Essex - I have no electrical qualifications but Im looking into training options...
Replies
Views
I am an NICEIC contractor but I have never installed an Electric vehicle charger. I have watched all of the relevant NICEIC webinars (The wire) on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking to change my career and become a domestic electrical engineer / installer. I do have some related experiences and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock