Discuss Best Value LED GU10/MR16 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have done some searching on this product on this forum,but most of the posts are nearly year old now and technology seems to be moving on. My son rents a two bedroom flat, which is totally populated with GU10/MR16 Halogen lamps. Like most parents, it falls to us it seems to replace the bulbs, and they have been failing at an erstwhile rate recently. Whilst we could just get the landlord to get someone to have a look at the problem, I thought I might just replace them gradually with LED, not least to reduce his electricity bill.

He won't care too much about the performance of the lamps, but clearly replacing over 20, cost will be a factor. Could anyone recommend a particular make with a balance between cost & performance?

I have done some searching on this product on this forum,but most of the posts are nearly year old now and technology seems to be moving on. My son rents a two bedroom flat, which is totally populated with GU10/MR16 Halogen lamps. Like most parents, it falls to us it seems to replace the bulbs, and they have been failing at an erstwhile rate recently. Whilst we could just get the landlord to get someone to have a look at the problem, I thought I might just replace them gradually with LED, not least to reduce his electricity bill.

He won't care too much about the performance of the lamps, but clearly replacing over 20, cost will be a factor. Could anyone recommend a particular make with a balance between cost & performance?
led hut's smd are the best value i find, great light spread and brightness

just had a few 24 SMDs from convertabulb. good lamps and price.

been fitting some megaman ones, customer had them around ÂŁ7 quid each and they all appear to work :)
not sure about how long will they last.

If you decide to buy from ledhut let me know ive got a few promocodes for them.

Tim,

I'm also looking at getting some http://www.ledhut.co.uk/gu10-smd-led-220-lumens-45-watts-equiv-best-internet-price.html 's (amongst other things), so if you've got a spare promotional code kicking about I'll gladly give it a good home! :)

I guess that I'll be registering with them tomorrow then. Can you still use promo codes when you've registered?

None of the ones I've tried work. But everything comes down by quite a large amount on trade

Only thing of note is when the next day delivery actually works, iirc Fridays and Saturdays don't count, annoyingly

Im finding it realy hard to quantify what offers good value as far as these new LED lamps go. Sure you can look at the manufacturers claims of expectancy however as far as im aware there is very little regulation and I'm very sceptical. I guess its a time will tell thing

Another +1 for ledhut, register as a tradesman and GU10s are just over 5 quid each with a 5 year warranty, bargain!

well, thats the 1st time ive seen a lamp that cheap with a 5 year warranty! 220 lumens is pretty repectable too. Im going to go order some for our shop, good call thanks

Reply to Best Value LED GU10/MR16 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net