Discuss Best way to connect sub panel to main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rodvprt

DIY
Reaction score
I'm moving all the loads from my main panel to a sub panel, in order install an Enphase Enpower Smart Switch in between. The main panel is a 125A cutler-hammer combination meter/panel (MBE1224B125BTS), with a 2-pole100A breaker as the main service disconnect.

What's the best way to connect the main panel to the Enpower? Can I just add a 2-pole 100A breaker below the original service disconnect breakers, and feed the #2AWG wire to the Enpower, or should I replace the original breakers with a feed-thru breaker like the Eaton QC2100, which will obviously require some interaction with the utility company? Or something else? All other loads will be rerouted to the sub-panel, so there will be nothing else in the main panel. This is in California for what it's worth.

I'm moving all the loads from my main panel to a sub panel, in order install an Enphase Enpower Smart Switch in between. The main panel is a 125A cutler-hammer combination meter/panel (MBE1224B125BTS), with a 2-pole100A breaker as the main service disconnect.

What's the best way to connect the main panel to the Enpower? Can I just add a 2-pole 100A breaker below the original service disconnect breakers, and feed the #2AWG wire to the Enpower, or should I replace the original breakers with a feed-thru breaker like the Eaton QC2100, which will obviously require some interaction with the utility company? Or something else? All other loads will be rerouted to the sub-panel, so there will be nothing else in the main panel. This is in California for what it's worth.
My advice to you is add a 100 amp double pole breaker and pull your # 2 to your Enpower and be done with it. You don’t need to make it harder than it needs to be

Reply to Best way to connect sub panel to main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net