Discuss Best way to determine how many DU10's are needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

phooey

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is there a general rule of thumb to determine how many DU10's are needed for a single room? I have a small 2.2m x 2.7m bathroom project that is going to have LED downlights. I'm thinking four downlights but I want to make sure I fit enough. What do you think? Four or six?

Maybe you mean GU10? If it's LED then 2 or 4. Depends on how much light you want. Four would be very bright if they were seven watt downlighters. It is really down to what you want to live with.

Sorry, yes definitely GU10's lol. I think I had a brain fart!

I was thinking four because the OH wants very dark, almost black floor tiles and a darkish grey tile on the walls. Thanks I appreciate your reply.

Square foot x 1.5 for wattage. 7.3x9=65.7

65.7x1.5=98.55W

2 x GU10 led lamps that are 50W equivilant will be fine. If you want it brighter you could install a 3rd down light or use higher wattage fittings/lamps.

I would be looking at 2 or 3 downlights in an area of that size.

I think 4 due to the dark surrounds it has a strange effect dark surfaces. It makes it feel dark even though there is adequate light. Depends what effect the client wants. For shaving and personal matters I think plenty of light to see what you are doing.

I think 4 due to the dark surrounds it has a strange effect dark surfaces. It makes it feel dark even though there is adequate light. Depends what effect the client wants. For shaving and personal matters I think plenty of light to see what you are doing.

so that means a IP68 fitting inside the bog pan for seeing to wiping your arse.. :D

You need one them fancy hi tech japanese toilets, they have nice multi coloured leds in them and will clean and dry your backside for you too. confused the heck out of me when we went to tokyo..

View attachment 39667
i'd never trust that contraption. press the wrong button and your balls end up as hors d'ouvres in the local japanese restaurant.

BEWARE !

With LED's you need to look at the lumens output value as this is what really matters AND if you don't have enough, its a PITA to sort it.

Put too many and its too bright, as long as they are dimmable, you can fit a dimmer ..

AND if they are IP rated, which they should be, this will reduce the output too .......

You need one them fancy hi tech japanese toilets, they have nice multi coloured leds in them and will clean and dry your backside for you too. confused the heck out of me when we went to tokyo..

View attachment 39667
I was asked by a customer to fit spur outside toilet thought it was for a towel rail turns out his Japanese wife was having one of those fitted even has a remote
Good way to stop anyone spending to long in the loo

remember i once had a DU10. was a £250 fine and a 12 month ban.

I was asked by a customer to fit spur outside toilet thought it was for a towel rail turns out his Japanese wife was having one of those fitted even has a remote
Good way to stop anyone spending to long in the loo

I'm doing a newbuild ATM and the customer had purchased two at 9K each! The cheeky sod had the cheek to haggle the 26K electrical quote....then spends 18k on two bogs :eek:

Last edited:

Reply to Best way to determine how many DU10's are needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock