• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Best way to find further work experience with someone trustworthy I.e not a cowboy in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Reaction score
Can anyone give advice on finding work experience with someone who's not a cowboy, I'd love to continue this line of work it's been quite a ride but like many finding work experience is hard, i'd love to find someone who follows the rules etc and not smoke breaks every 5mins.

I did contact one guy on here who seems knowledgeable but just argued with him in nearly every thread.

So I think the problem is going to be finding someone honest and knowledgeable.

Thanks.

leesparkykent might be too far for you to travel from Reading. but he's a sound guy.

If it's ok I might try contacting him, I had to drive to Kent last year to pickup a bending machine he was a nice guy as-well think it was about ÂŁ130 plus stock and die, half a can of cutting grease and a second vice and a fire extinguisher.

If it's ok I might try contacting him, I had to drive to Kent last year to pickup a bending machine he was a nice guy as-well think it was about ÂŁ130 plus stock and die, half a can of cutting grease and a second vice and a fire extinguisher.
bargain at that price. just wondering how you can cut conduit fast enough to cause a fire.

Can anyone give advice on finding work experience with someone who's not a cowboy, I'd love to continue this line of work it's been quite a ride but like many finding work experience is hard, i'd love to find someone who follows the rules etc and not smoke breaks every 5mins.

I did contact one guy on here who seems knowledgeable but just argued with him in nearly every thread.

So I think the problem is going to be finding someone honest and knowledgeable.

Thanks.
Mark
Can I just offer a bit of advice. If you're looking for experience you might want to think twice about the way you could come across to a potential mentor. How many smokes he has is his business because well, its his Business. I'm sure you don't mean any malice but from someone who employs electricians, I would think twice about setting on someone who moans more than the wife.
Just food for thought and I hope you find what you're looking for

Mark
Can I just offer a bit of advice. If you're looking for experience you might want to think twice about the way you could come across to a potential mentor. How many smokes he has is his business because well, its his Business. I'm sure you don't mean any malice but from someone who employs electricians, I would think twice about setting on someone who moans more than the wife.
Just food for thought and I hope you find what you're looking for
point noted maybe it's because I don't smoke anymore, ex-smokers are always the worse.

I've had a run of dodgy people, the likes of witch pictures would appear on sites such as this complaining of there work so try to see it from my point of view of wanting to do things by the book.

point noted maybe it's because I don't smoke anymore, ex-smokers are always the worse.

I've had a run of dodgy people, the likes of witch pictures would appear on sites such as this complaining of there work so try to see it from my point of view of wanting to do things by the book.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to do things right, so I agree you need to find someone who does things correctly. Just be careful how you could come across because it could put off some employers ??
And yes ex smokers are the worse, just remember how much you enjoyed it.

Ah there's the problem. I tried stopping once, wont ever try it again.

Reply to Best way to find further work experience with someone trustworthy I.e not a cowboy in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net