Discuss Best way to fix into pre-fab concrete wall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mark80

-
Reaction score
Hi,
Getting a pre-fab concrete garage installed next week and I got thinking about how im going to fix the conduit and accessories to the walls when I come to wire it out. What have you done in these situations? The only option I can think of is to just board the garage walls with wood and fix everything to that or would you just attempt to drill into the concrete?

Thanks

Get some brackets, screw to some wood, and use the bolts that hold the panels together as an anchor. Did that recently as it was brand new and the warranty was voided if you drilled into the concrete - check the paperwork!

mark80

I guess you've not got an SDS drill then.

Hire one and become a convert, "hammer" action drills might as well be platting fog compared to an SDS.

Just mark it out accurately and as stated plug and screw

Cheers for the advise guys! I have got an SDS drill but was just a bit unsure about whether to try drilling as ive heard it can knock large chunks of the wall out, and also was a bit wary about the walls being so thin.

cymroaur, Ill check over the paperwork but im sure there'll be a warranty issue, so I'll probably do as you said and get some brackets and use wood! How did you fix to the rafters as I think some are made of steel and not wood?

I always mount accessories to timber boards on the supporting posts which will take a drilled fixing , never the panels which are only 1.5 inch thick.
Hate doing section garages , total faff from start to finish lol.

AGW woodcare sell a "D4" stength grab glue....i kid you not once youve used it you wont use anything else (says so on the tube). Awesome stuff.

Anyway used that once to bond a wood panel to concrete garage.

Got a brick to stick to the ceiling? This is the stuff!

No nails is like, amoebic compared.

I know, ive got a feeling its going to be a complete nightmare! Think ill just bond wood to all of the walls using glue and fixings to the concrete posts! Dont want it coming off in a hurry haha!

I too have used high strength adhesive to bond batterns to prefab panels.
What's key is for the adhesive to have a high initial grip so that you don't get and sagging.
I also try to use treated "green" timber in the garage for overall protection.

Reply to Best way to fix into pre-fab concrete wall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock