Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Best way to get Experience in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RDB85

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So as many of you know I have been looking for work as a Mate/Labourer for around 5 months now, but no one will take me on due to not having enough experience. It really is a Catch 22 situation. So I have tried, phoning companies, emailing CVs, applying for Electricians Mates jobs on the job sites, going to the Wholesalers and giving each of them a CV and Cover Letter but I have heard nothing. Some get in touch, but then it just seems to fall flat. I am just running out of options really as its a long time to be out of work. Any suggestions on how to get experience would be great.

Aico 3000
Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers
D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Sorry to hear you are struggling to get any work experience

jackhammerJIM

jackhammerJIM

-
There must be some big sites in Liverpool . Visit them , enquire about any general labouring work

R

RDB85

-
Trainee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There must be some big sites in Liverpool . Visit them , enquire about any general labouring work
There is I’ve went in and spoke to the ones doing the electrical work. Said that they don’t have anything at the moment.

S

SparkyAndGeorge

-
Esteemed
Arms
Sometimes in this game you have to tell the odd porkie. Try again saying you have 1 year experience. Have you got an ECS card

R

RDB85

-
Trainee
Sometimes in this game you have to tell the odd porkie. Try again saying you have 1 year experience. Have you got an ECS card
I have an ECS Labourer Card. I don’t want to lie as when I start it’s going to be pretty obvious that I’ve not got a years experience. I’ve got everything Tools, Car, Ltd Co with PL and PI Insurance.

C

casperLennon

-
Esteemed
Arms
You need to lie to get a foot in the door. Try it and see what happens

R

RDB85

-
Trainee
You need to lie to get a foot in the door. Try it and see what happens
Well I done a trial yesterday but the guy after telling him what I’ve done, he could tell straight away that I had none to little experience. So that was the end of that so I don’t fancy trying to blag it. Rather be honest.

Reply to Best way to get Experience in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom