Discuss BG Boards a revue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nickblake

Well thought id give my Opinion on these boards ,and using them i have found them in all honesty to be very good ,they do look stylish ,and modern , the board is made of a quite strong plastic MCB's drop in nicely with the entrance holes being adequate there is plenty of space for wiring after a minor adjustent of the internal wiring RCD trip at i reasonable speed and ramp at 24ma , lables are available for most circuits although i would have liked a few more sockets and lights , one problem i did have was the screws were quite tight to undo on the Neutral and earth bus bars , Technical were very helpful as i enquired about the torque settings these are 1.8nm by the way ,and for the money ÂŁ50 fully loaded with spare MCB's at ÂŁ3.50 and RCBO's at ÂŁ15.00 a very good board for the money Perfect for house holds on a low budget or rented accomadation so out of 10 i would happily give these boards for the budget range an 8 out of 10 when comared to boards of the same price range they come top of my list , pic of the board below wiring a bit untidy on this one

BG Boards  a revue work pics angh and cabin 013.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

nick, the ones i've used have had the earth and neutral bar screws backed off. to stop them falling out, BG use some sort of sealer on the threads. sometimes this is a bit stiff. glad you like them. i fitted a 13way one the other week ÂŁ59.99 screwfix inc. VAT. only gripe i've got is the circuit description label is only 6 circuits and there's no two colours sticker. oh. and i'd like to see those ferrules on the N tails improved.

i guess those browns in 9 & 10 are extended cables, as there's blacks in the N bar.

nick, the ones i've used have had the earth and neutral bar screws backed off. to stop them falling out, BG use some sort of sealer on the threads. sometimes this is a bit stiff. glad you like them. i fitted a 13way one the other week ÂŁ59.99 screwfix inc. VAT. only gripe i've got is the circuit description label is only 6 circuits and there's no two colours sticker.

i dont normally use the supplied lables Tel this is due to the dam things falling off after a few months i normally print what i need i tend to collect up stickers from boards normally throw them away as they always end up stuck together lol , thanks for the like Line look closely there are three line connectors extending some of the earth cables who says you cant get push fit connectors to look neat lol yes tell you are right they are joined together with line 2 ways push fit and are located just behind the mcb's

they that neat i can't see 'em. it's either your photography skilss, my eyesight, or theakstons.

photography a bit out of focus thats why you cant see them , they are tucked up in the slots where the cable entries are just to the left of the neutral bus bar , i do hate extending cables in a board and when needs must i find the line and wago's perfect as they sit flat which works a treat , but any oneconsidering these boards i will highly reccomend them

Thanks for the review.
I do however hope that your customer doesn't require any additions in the future, they'll have the right hump if you tell them there's no room for it on their shiny new CU ;)

but there is. the main sw will move 2 slots to the right and the cover can be cut out to accomodate..

don't worry, it's not designed to cut the cover, but it can be done.

Thanks for the review.
I do however hope that your customer doesn't require any additions in the future, they'll have the right hump if you tell them there's no room for it on their shiny new CU ;)

yes i know there is 2 spare ways, mind , the girl who was in the house got ripped of she had already had her board replaced last year with a 16th edition squared D board 4 4 split but the guy that installed it looked like he cut the holes out with an axe and managed to break the top end of the board off where the neutral and earth bars were so i got this borad to replace it at the lowest cost i could the 13 way was another ÂŁ9 which is the one i'd normally use

also, i'm sure that a couple of the 6A circuits could be doubled up if necessary. is one dedicated to smokes, nick?

also, i'm sure that a couple of the 6A circuits could be doubled up if necessary. is one dedicated to smokes, nick?

no mate smokes are on the ground floor lighting circuit , yes they could be doubled up , there is one for the garage light 2 for the ground floor lights and one for the first floor lights which only has 3 lights on it so plenty of scope to double up ,wired board as it so they loose less lights if an MCB trips or RCD for that matter

Reply to BG Boards a revue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock