Discuss BG Incompetence strikes again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have seen many electrical companies going into mechanical/plumbing and visa versa because they think it is a good idea to provide M &E and it always folds the company or the end up ditching the idea as it nearly puts the company under.

if BG went under, would that be a bad idea?

I have seen many electrical companies going into mechanical/plumbing and visa versa because they think it is a good idea to provide M &E and it always folds the company or the end up ditching the idea as it nearly puts the company under.
This is very much customer driven, in my opinion, many facilities managers want a one stop shop as they can't be arsed having to ring multiple companies to resolve issues.

BG's sales strategy is shameful and fraudulent,in my opinion....it's commercial department,more so.

It puts me in mind of a certain high-street bank,who acted in a similar fashion,also saving the worst of it's behaviour,for their commercial customers.

The bank in question,is facing legal problems and payouts,right now,regarding this past policy.....and policy,it was.

I firmly believe,this will be BG's destiny,and as with the above mentioned bank,they will remain in place,to annoy us :rolleyes:

this got me thinking about DP MCBs. is there a good reason why MCBs here aren't DP, as in many other countries?

Because there has never been a need for them in this country since the standardisation of our electricity supplies and the supply neutral being reliably connected to earth at substations.
Other countries have various reasons for the neutral (or second line in some cases) to be disconnected.

Reply to BG Incompetence strikes again in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Here we go again, another job that has had a council inspection, different council to last time but still perplexing. The problem with these jobs...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock