Discuss Billing DNO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tom262

Hello all, Friday night around 11pm I had a phone call, saying over the last couple days they think they have seen smoke coming from there downlights, (they decided to ignore this) until 11pm the next day!! I arrived at the property had a Look at the downlights (non firerated) and noticed abit of smoke and a burning smell from above the ceiling so I quickly found the consumer unit and turned the mcb off, that's when I noticed the smoke was coming from the tail from the top of the DNOS cut out, the fuse was red hot, so as your would I turned the main switch off and contacted Weston power, turned out to be a loose connection, my question now is the customer is saying as the cut out and the tails arnt there property why should they be stuck with my bill, so do the DNO pay for it or the customer???

Try billing the DNO, see how long it takes them to point out you have interfered with their equipment.

I can quite understand the customer not wanting to pay for something that isn’t theirs. I certainly wouldn’t pay you for it. Why didn’t you call the DNO as soon as the problem became apparent?

It was, but at the time they thought it was a lighting fault

So they thought wrong.

Why should YOU have to pay for THEIR mistake??

I would suggest to you that from now on and for evermore, you state your terms and conditions VERY clearly BEFORE you set foot out of you door to go to a job.

It's not difficult to do and saves all the aggro later on!!

So they thought wrong.

Why should YOU have to pay for THEIR mistake??

I would suggest to you that from now on and for evermore, you state your terms and conditions VERY clearly BEFORE you set foot out of you door to go to a job.

It's not difficult to do and saves all the aggro later on!!

Exactly , unless its a quotation for work , then its a callout and the charge agreed before you leave home...

Matey, they should pay your bill and thank their lucky stars.

They may not have insurance, as loads of people don't, so imagine the savings they have made

You can't let the customers walk over you , Nice to hear from you again mate , hope your better now ,

Hi Ray.

I'm getting there I think but it's like one step forward and two back sometimes.

It's gone on for 13 months now and I've seen about 13 different medics and ALL of them start the consultation with the words "What seems to be the trouble?" DO THEY NEVER READ THE ****ING NOTES????? And after all that they STILL can't tell me what the problem is!!

I've got my own copy of the notes and it half fills a ring binder with more being added on a weekly basis!!

The last consultant I saw was the bloke who was said to be the Guru with all the answers, but in my case he wasn't so being as he was the same age as me we had a good chat about Rock 'n' Roll. Then in the ambulance coming home it transpired the medic was working with a band in East Germany at the same time (just before the Wall came down) I was so we had a good chin wag about that. It was a good day out, but a total waste of time from the medical point of view!

It's gone on for too long and the old depression problem is creeping in now.

I'm interested in whether anyone or their customer has actually tried billing/claiming compensation from a Dno for a callout which was a fault on the supply side.

I had a callout yesterday from a good friend and it was a loss of a phase on the Incoming cable, and my mate said invoice me and I'll make a claim for it from Wpd , as he's a mate I wasn't charging him for my first half hour, but if Wpd are happy to pay, then I'll be equally happy to accept, lol

Hello all, Friday night around 11pm I had a phone call, saying over the last couple days they think they have seen smoke coming from there downlights, (they decided to ignore this) until 11pm the next day!! I arrived at the property had a Look at the downlights (non firerated) and noticed abit of smoke and a burning smell from above the ceiling so I quickly found the consumer unit and turned the mcb off, that's when I noticed the smoke was coming from the tail from the top of the DNOS cut out, the fuse was red hot, so as your would I turned the main switch off and contacted Weston power, turned out to be a loose connection, my question now is the customer is saying as the cut out and the tails arnt there property why should they be stuck with my bill, so do the DNO pay for it or the customer???

Customer pays you. Your contract is with them. It's up to them to recover the cost with the DNO. You have no contractual relationship with DNO. You're a business not a charity. If they don't pay you within your contract period sue them.

Reply to Billing DNO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock