Discuss bit of help please on filling in cert! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benpollard

on a domestic electrical installation certificate that i was looking at filled in by a contractor
where it says characteristics of primary supply i wondered what the following meant?
BSEN 1361 is this a BS88 fuse?
under the box - type - it looked like he had filled in the number 1 - what does this mean?
And last question short circuit capacity 16.5 KA - is this reading measured? if so how?if not where do you get this info
Thanks!!!!!​

sometimes it's easy . it's printed on the fuse carrier. along with the amp. rating. sometimes you have to wait till it falls out to read off the fuse itself.

sometimes it's easy . it's printed on the fuse carrier. along with the amp. rating. sometimes you have to wait till it falls out to read off the fuse itself.

There we go again the age old problem of service fuses dropping out

1361 is basicly a giant plug top fuse, 88 is usually a HRC fuse same as the ones u find in a switch fuse

1361 is basicly a giant plug top fuse, 88 is usually a HRC fuse same as the ones u find in a switch fuse[/QUOT

as we've had no silly questions so far today, here's one . what's the BS no. for a 3" nail?

1361 is basicly a giant plug top fuse, 88 is usually a HRC fuse same as the ones u find in a switch fuse[/QUOT

as we've had no silly questions so far today, here's one . what's the BS no. for a 3" nail?

Bs 1202-1 , 2002 Nails steel

Primarily designed for cost effective bridging of fuse holders
These have a secondary use,they have the properties also required for fixing wooden materials,not much call for that particular by product mind you

Last edited:

Reply to bit of help please on filling in cert! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net