• Thread starter pigletvonpiggle
  • Start date

Discuss blacklisting, does it happen. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pigletvonpiggle

i would like to know if any one has been affected by blacklisting. i was told by diamond agency that they would not give me any oppotunities to work for them in the future because i never turned up on a job due to sickness. i consequently told them they would not be able to employ me as i am boycotting them. lol. but i know this is happening all the time. ive even heard rumours that the jib keep tracks on sparks. not found out wether this is true.

Black list

heard on the news the other day about contractors blacklist,,,CHt crown house have a large black list....but its well hidden

i worked on the (lovely) jubilee in 98,99 for drake and skull and everyone was put on a blacklist because we were on strike a lot. when i was working on terminal 5 for crown house i was actually shown the list by one of the stewards and my name was on it along with any of my pals who also worked on the luverly juberly line.i never told any future employers that i worked there though cos we were told we were on a list.obviously crown house never used it because i was working for them,but i did start through an agency and then i was taken direct so i may have got in through the back door
it shows such a list does exist ,not sure if its the same one thats been on the news though?!!

The worrying thing about the item on the news is that most comentators seem to have taken issue not with there being a list of names which is wholly subjective and might prevent a good hand from getting work but that it was held on a computer and fell foul of data protection rules. What about the moral question of screwing someone because there previous employer was a mean spirited ******** who happened to disagree with the views of their staff?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to blacklisting, does it happen. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net