Discuss Blank Sunny Beam display in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

digital48

My Sunny Beam blanks its display from time-to-time even when plugged into my desktop with a USB lead and having pretty much fully charged batteries.

If I put freshly charged NiMH batteries in, the display doesn't restart but, leave it a while, and it will come back to life.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Anyone got any ideas on what the cause may be?

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'sleep function' unless it's the overnight period when the inverter is dormant.

At the moment the Sunny Beam's display is completely blank. No figures, no graph, just the built-in dark outlines to the various areas of the display. Newly charged batteries and much pressing and turning of the knob to the side have no effect. This has only started happening recently and seems to be becoming more frequent. It's previously not missed a beat...

Have you got a good enough Bluetooth signal from the Inverter ? Low signal will eat battery power, plus no signal gives no display. Must admit my Sunny Beam is about one year old and black button on side seems less responsive already !! Have mine on a south facing windowsill. Had to charge once in winter months otherwise has kept it charge around 2 bars most of the time.

Yes, the signal is there. The batteries are fully charged (I've checked it with three sets) and it's blank even when plugged into a USB charger.

I'm waiting for a replacement to be delivered today, must be a dodgy batch out there, a bit annoying as we are selling SMA on the basis of quality and reliability.

there is a firmware update on the website that's worth trying before sending it back. You can also reset the unit entirely, and IME this tends to sort it out, but you lose all the data to date - though it will download much of it from the inverter if it's a TL or HF inverter.

Thanks, but I had installed that soon after the problem started. I can't get into the unit at all now as it's totally dead: it's previously come back to life on its own terms!

looks like you're going to need to send it back then. We have had a couple of units fail on us as well, so it does happen, and a bit more often than I'd like tbh.

The one I'm replacing had a display that was going blank every time it searched for a new plant.

Also found out that not all TL inverters do keep data or even have bluetooth, the 1300TL that we just installed looks just like a 1200 or 1700 and has no bluetooth or data retention, we had to use a piggy back.

Reply to Blank Sunny Beam display in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock