Discuss Blanks missing from CU in 2 senarios in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

MG201

-
Reaction score
If there is blanks missing from a CU what code would this be.
Scenario 1 .. 6 blanks missing from a CU in a corridor cupboard
Scenario 2 8 blanks missing from a locked corridor cupboard

Looking at 3 diffrent reports they have same faults but have been coded differently.

Coding should be your personal opinion, there is nothing official in black and white to say what Code this should be.

Blooming well should be. In or out of a locked cupboard, the code should be the same ( edit for that particular situation). How many other variables apply.

Last edited:
I thought so. Just 1 report says 2 for locked cupboard AND 1 for the other 1s noy in locked location .i found it strange. Maybe if only 1 missing but not that amoumt.Don't know why he put that as he put a 1 for the rest. It's been changed now though . .as for the coding i see it as effecting the IP RATING . .would yous say thats a fair rate .£2 per blank amd 30min per board

I didn't say about variables. Coding is a personal judgement.

As you may know westward, I don't do EICR's (or have done a suitable course). I do find it strange that coding, is left to the personnel opinion of the inspector. I understand that no one situation can be the same, but I don't really understand, how one inspector can code something one way, and another one might code it another, when something is exactly the same.

As you may know westward, I don't do EICR's (or have done a suitable course). I do find it strange that coding, is left to the personnel opinion of the inspector. I understand that no one situation can be the same, but I don't really understand, how one inspector can code something one way, and another one might code it another, when something is exactly the same.
And like this time the same guy codes the same problem diffrent due to location

Does this mean that if there is masses of grommets missing that should be a code 1 .. just asking out of curiosity .also does it make a diffrence if only 1 or 2 blanks are missing or is it just the rule of thumb that it's always a C1..

Any opinion on the rates offered. There is aprox 27 boards all with various amounts of blanks missing . All within a 10 min walikng distance . Eg 10 min from first to last. Not 10 min from 1 to the next

I personally think a C1 is a bit extreme.
Is a c1 fair when there is mass amounts missing . I recon on this job it's the case of if its a C1 for 1 of the CUs then it's a C1 for them all locked location or not . Like previously said by other dont know who will access the local. .

Does this mean that if there is masses of grommets missing that should be a code 1 .. just asking out of curiosity .also does it make a diffrence if only 1 or 2 blanks are missing or is it just the rule of thumb that it's always a C1..
Gromits missing not quite the same as blanks. It depends if you can get your finger in the hole and it could touch live parts. Then it would be a C1.

If your concerned about ingress or protection of cables on entry then probably C3 maybe C2 depending on other factors.

Reply to Blanks missing from CU in 2 senarios in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net