Discuss Bleeding Joiners in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This will make you laugh, and how daft people can be. Working on a hotel at the moment, the joiners tend to do everything, even putting a small radio and a large plasma hd 42" tv into the same plug. wait until the pat tester comes round.

any one else found dodgey stuff whilst working on site?

Dodgy one i done was on a generator in a barn on a farm. Rather than crimping connections onto the ends of the cables going into the disboard, the cowboys installing had soldered them instead.

No problem until they started to really load up the geny, the solder melted an ran down the cables, melted the insulation and caused a direct short accross the phases - now THAt was fun!

Yeah had a bit of a giggle a few weeks back,

Had a fella from EDF (energy networks) and he was busy connecting in 4 houses (all new builds) and he was connecting into the network.

Anyway a few months had gone until testing, and the incoming supply was wrong! and the neutral was live! So was a funny reverse!

Reply to Bleeding Joiners in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

V
I am brand new to this forum and, not being electrically-minded, I hope that you will bear with me. We have a big and worrying problem regarding...
Replies
Views
V
I am brand new to this forum and, not being electrically-minded,, I hope that you will bear with me. We have a big and worrying problem...
Replies
Views
veggieman
V
E
Well guys, after 5 long years of spending a small fortune on toolbags/boxes etc I think I have finally found my ideal box. The Lift n Lok from...
Replies
Views
I am currently at school in year three of the 2330 and have just taken the 302 and 303 (I think) sections which I am confident about. Next steps...
Replies
Views
C
Hello all, I am pretty brand new to this forum and pretty new to the world of electric to be honest. I am/was (more was now) an IT...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock