Discuss Bloody Builders... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

Welshsparky

Quote 285 for a 12 way dual rcd consumer unit change and 275 to swop a 4 pole rcd for a time delay version and the barstards stick £200 on top of my quote... Bye Bye goes that job!

Quoted just short of £5k on an installation job about 10 years ago the company I was subbing to put £200 on it and passed it to the main contractor it was when we got to site and the MC's customer asked if we could do a small alteration to the quoted work that the cat was let out of the bag I said we would have to look at the costs the customers reply was that for £10k he thought we could be a little bit more accommodating, trying not to let the customer see my jaw hit the floor I agreed to see what we could do and phoned my customer to find out what was going on ended up getting paid for the extra work by the main contractor. This was not an isolated case found most data companies put 100% mark up on subbies quotes

Some chumps I did some work with recently even added on to my extras list with ficticious extra's!! £72 for a spring switch, anyone?

think I might have some summer ones I could let you have cheap.lol

You got my size and colour, then?

Hmm...red always makes me look fat, but grey is sooo dreary. Anything else?

Reply to Bloody Builders... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock